Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favourite childhood game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Played a lot, overall would be probably Sonic, possibly Mario World 2 on the GB though, played a lot of Golden Axe and Streets of Rage too. There was an incarnate of a Fifa game too that I got a lot of time out of, think it may have just been internationals though. There was a Formula one game that my dad played loads as did I, not sure if the golf game obsession started with the PS1 or if there was one for the SEGA that we played...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Did it really take this long for someone to mention the hilarity and epicness of Micro Machines?

How did I forget about this?! Hours and hours of time spent flying about in wee cars and boats in back-yards and ponds!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kid Chameleon ALL the way. Fantastic game and fairly challenging.Also spent ages playing Zool, Flashback on the Amiga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Of my early childhood, Kung Fu Master on a friend's ZX Spectrum. On my own first console, I'd say Road Rash (Megadrive). The sheer lawlessness of it was breath taking to a 14 year old!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Mario 64 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Command and Conquer many many hours went into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Mario Kart or Super Mario World until I had a seizure, damned flashing lights, grew out of it eventually but that curtailed my gaming sessions for a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

C&C/Diablo/Total Annihilation, those would be what I consider as my early favorites, about the time I really got in to games even though I did play for years before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Last Ninja 2 on my friend's ZX Spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

mario all stars on the snes, and donkey kong land on the game boy. i remember being too "sick" to go to primary school a little often ;) even thinking about me in my pyjamas playing those snow levels in mario brothers 1 fills me with nostalgia when all the other suckers were in school!

donkey kong land nearly made me go insane, i played it on xmas for about 16 hours and that night when i went to bed all i could see was donkey kong when i closed my eyes, and all i could here was the catchy songs. my dad was gonna bring me to the hospital lol. my brother had 6 golden coins on his one, we both got a gameboy that christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

earth-worm-jim.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mortal Kombat II... all day, every feckin' day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mega-lo-mania on the mega drive, i put so many hours into that. "You've advanced a tech level"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Arcade pacman or karate champ. Could spend hours on either with one 10p piece :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

LordSutch wrote: »
    screenshot.jpg

Classic gaming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

MicroMachines 2 on the Megadrive

8 people sat around 1 console sharing 4 joypads , hasn't been the like since ! :D

1105143723-00.jpg

Did it really take this long for someone to mention the hilarity and epicness of Micro Machines?

4-player Micro Machines against friends/family members, constantly trying to one-up each other by trying to push each other off of the track. Sometimes, the race itself would be second to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Being strict with 'Childhood' (As in still in primary school), I'd say WonderBoy In Monster Land or Shinobi arcade machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Simons quest and Shadow run(snes version)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Beyond the obvious (C&C, Diablo etc.) I'd have to say Eye of the Beholder 2 (EOB2). I could play the game perfectly fine, save perfectly fine but my PC could not handle to LOAD games!

This meant every time I wanted to play the game I had to start from scratch and I became very good at the game (got stuck on the labyrinth with light balls in the end before I upgraded my PC and got the walkthrough to help me).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

250px-LastNinja-c64_cover01.jpg

dragonslair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

4-player Micro Machines against friends/family members, constantly trying to one-up each other by trying to push each other off of the track. Sometimes, the race itself would be second to this.

8 players (4teams)!!

You could split the controller into 2 ...so it was Left , Right and Down as brake, and the teammate had A(left),C(right) and B as brake :D

Advertisement