Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Fare to Drogheda

Options
  • 02-03-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

Not sure if this would be the right place for this topic so apologies if it is. I am heading to Drogheda for a sinner from Dublin in a few hours via train from Pearse St. station. Now on the irishrail website it says that a single train fare to Drogheda is €13!! Is that correct? That seems very very steep but maybe its just me. Feel sorry for all the commuters paying such a high rate :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ericdogg wrote: »
    Hi All,

Not sure if this would be the right place for this topic so apologies if it is. I am heading to Drogheda for a sinner from Dublin in a few hours via train from Pearse St. station. Now on the irishrail website it says that a single train fare to Drogheda is €13!! Is that correct? That seems very very steep but maybe its just me. Feel sorry for all the commuters paying such a high rate :(

Sounds just about right.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

It is steep because it is a one off fare. It is a bit more reasonable using something like a monthly ticket.

You could try Matthew's Coaches as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Yep, bus is cheaper for odd trips like that - €11 return I think. Train only makes sense if you are on taxsaver tickets (monthly/annual) etc.

Advertisement