Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Desert ideas for Parties?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about Brownies but does anyone have any other ideas? Something that would suit everyones taste? Help much appreciated! Recipes and pictures welcome too. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I haven't tried this yet but it looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Stompbox wrote: »
    I haven't tried this yet but it looks great!
    I think that by "dessert" the OP meant something sweet rather than savoury...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

If you're going down the chocolate route, how about chocolate biscuit cake? It's great because you can scale the mixture no problem, depending on how many people you're feeding, it's quick as there's no need to bake, and pretty dense so it goes a bit further. (Also, since you don't need to bake it, you can use unusual moulds that wouldn't work with cake or brownies since they would burn at the edges before the centre is cooked. (Experience talking :o))

I use Rachel Allen's version (http://www.rachelallen.co.uk/recipes_march.html#r3) - but for adults I add some cranberries warmed with a tablespoon or two of brandy (I just put them in a small glass in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit for a bit to soak up) - it always goes down really well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Id second the chocolate biscuit cake. If you use very good quality chocolate, the result is immense. No cooking involved. I make it for some people at work every now and then and it is like handing sweets to children. Everyone loves it. I use the Nigella Lawson recipe and Lidl's Madagascar chocolate, which is 46% cocoa.

Advertisement