Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i wanted to buy a gaming PC for this weekend ....

Options
  • 02-03-2012 3:49pm

Is it possible to get a good deal in Dublin. My other pc has packed in , i still have a good graphics card, monitor etc .. Have about 900 Is it possible to get something here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Komplett might be your best bet, you can collect the stuff from their warehouse in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Is it possible to get a good deal in Dublin. My other pc has packed in , i still have a good graphics card, monitor etc .. Have about 900 Is it possible to get something here ?

adverts might be your best bet if you want it asap. a few built systems floating around there in the dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

ScumLord wrote: »
    Komplett might be your best bet, you can collect the stuff from their warehouse in Dublin.

Their stuff is ordered in from holland isnt it so takes a few days before you can collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

deceit wrote: »
    Their stuff is ordered in from holland isnt it so takes a few days before you can collect it?

You can ring ahead to see what they have in stock in the shop, and you could scrape together a build with that, they normally have a few good GPU's etc. always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Why do you need it in such a hurry? Good things come to those that wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

yup I second a call to Komplett

there aren't really any other options with regards to a new (non-ripoff) system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you can wait a few days, it would serve you far better than scraping together a frankenrig from Komplett. If you simply must have something, get parts from Adverts and build something (I can help if you need it) as those parts are likely to be cheaper. Usually Komplett only stock micky-mouse stuff - USB drives, the odd SSD, etc. but no motherboards or processors or anything like that.

I have decided to wait. I dont have a PC at home at the mo. My last one packed in. So i am on a look out for a new one now. Just not sure what to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you fill this out, we'll sort something for you. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056397753

Advertisement