Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours from hell

Options
  • 02-03-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I live in an appartment block and everything was great till the neighbours across the hall moved in. I live on bottom floor they are across from me. They are a couple with two kids .always having parties which I don't mind if it's kept in their appartment but their friend sknock on my door ring my buzzer at 4am when they leaving. Front door slams all day long so hard mine rattles .i asked them once to keep the noise down n she asked me while locked was I taking the b****ing mick!!The kids play hockey football etc in the communal hallway even though playground outside. When kids are bold their timeout is the communal hallway so I havta listen to them crying etc ...they sit at my front door to do their homework watch you tube on laptop Hello not got a bedroom like every other kid in Ireland.my management company asked them a couple times to not have kids in hallway it lasts about a week . Driving me crazy the other neighbours don't hear it as they are upstairs :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You need to keep putting pressure on the management company to sort the issue; it is their responsibility to enforce the rules of the complex and ensure that this kind of thing does not continue.

Do you know if they are renting or if they own the apartment? If they are renting then it might be worth trying to get in touch with their landlord to make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Have funny feeling they getting it off the social but not 100% sure .. They definately don't own it though ... Don't mind anyone getting help off the social but when you pay a mortgage and the people next door take the p*** you kinda think what's the point

Still having same problem management company has told them countless times has taking the bikes and still it goes on arghhhhhhhhhh......

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

I live in an appartment block and everything was great till the neighbours across the hall moved in. I live on bottom floor they are across from me. They are a couple with two kids .always having parties which I don't mind if it's kept in their appartment but their friend sknock on my door ring my buzzer at 4am when they leaving. Front door slams all day long so hard mine rattles .i asked them once to keep the noise down n she asked me while locked was I taking the b****ing mick!!The kids play hockey football etc in the communal hallway even though playground outside. When kids are bold their timeout is the communal hallway so I havta listen to them crying etc ...they sit at my front door to do their homework watch you tube on laptop Hello not got a bedroom like every other kid in Ireland.my management company asked them a couple times to not have kids in hallway it lasts about a week . Driving me crazy the other neighbours don't hear it as they are upstairs :mad:

Feel really sorry for you...nobody should have to put up with that sort of crap.

Hope it changes for you soon!

Feel really sorry for you...nobody should have to put up with that sort of crap.

Hope it changes for you soon!

Even as I speak hey are in the hallway I have asked them 3 times already today to get out this is going on since 9 am have massive headache listening to them

• Advertisement

It really is up to the management company to get this sorted. They need to get on to their landlord and have them removed from the property.

djimi wrote: »
    It really is up to the management company to get this sorted. They need to get on to their landlord and have them removed from the property.

Am now stalking management company email phone call texts every day. They are meant to be calling up again tommorow ... Notice when round last week which was ignored and resulted I the kids bikes being removed parents didn't even bother asking for them back . At last count 10 kids playing in hall kids these days have fear just stared me down love give them a kick were the sun don't shine 9.15pm still outside in hallway playing youngest is only bout 4 years old no bedtime?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Make sure to take note of everything,times etc. and tell the management company that you are not putting up with it anymore.

Some "people" just dont give a sh1t.

All the best.

So management company called to people in question yesterday they were warned again and today still d same sh*t.... So I have called the housing authority if management company can't do anything I've decided to go above them seriously can't cope my blood is boiling I'm so stressed all the time they are still out in hallway since 2 pm today 4 times I've gone out already unfortunately I own mine so it's not like I can move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

So management company called to people in question yesterday they were warned again and today still d same sh*t.... So I have called the housing authority if management company can't do anything I've decided to go above them seriously can't cope my blood is boiling I'm so stressed all the time they are still out in hallway since 2 pm today 4 times I've gone out already unfortunately I own mine so it's not like I can move

Surely can't be easy for your neighbours , living beside someone who appears to be very stressed. It works both ways .

• Advertisement

The_fever wrote: »
    Surely can't be easy for your neighbours , living beside someone who appears to be very stressed. It works both ways .

Don't think anyone would like 6/10 kids sitting outside their front door in a hallway that echos kicking footballs against the door playing music screaming shouting crying all day long just because their parents don't want them inside I can't hear the tv over them my living room is 2 feet from the front door I don't care when they play outside I can still hear them but the hallway echos everything holes in the walls which as a home owner I havta pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

The_fever wrote: »

Are you for real?! God help the poor scumbags.. They won't exercise control over their delinquent kids so they have to put up with the dirty looks from the long suffering neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've read the thread though I might have missed it, have you other neighbours in the corridor too?

The management company might not be bothered over you but if three or four of ye all go together then they cannot ignore you and they will work harder on it

And emails and texts can be ignored, keep up the phone calls

And keep a diary too as suggested

Probably have the social paying rent, nothing wrong with that but then these people are how such tenants get a name in the first place

Landlord doesn't care, they are getting rent every month

Greasy wheel and all that OP. Keep on top of the management company and don't let them relax until this is sorted,
    You're paying good money and you want a certain quality of life

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've read the thread though I might have missed it, have you other neighbours in the corridor too?

The management company might not be bothered over you but if three or four of ye all go together then they cannot ignore you and they will work harder on it

And emails and texts can be ignored, keep up the phone calls

And keep a diary too as suggested

Probably have the social paying rent, nothing wrong with that but then these people are how such tenants get a name in the first place

Landlord doesn't care, they are getting rent every month

Greasy wheel and all that OP. Keep on top of the management company and don't let them relax until this is sorted,
    You're paying good money and you want a certain quality of life

Unfortunately only 2 of us on ground floor so neighbours upstairs don't get hear all the racket Sure they are outside again in the hallway So feeling like victor meldrew I'm gonna start logging it all down.as for management they gonna be looking for fees soon so gonna suggest they get the finger out or no payment from me.i have lodged a complaint with their housing authority on Thursday and they promised to have a word so I'll give them couple days since its Easter ...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

OP are you in Lucan by any chance? This exact problem is happening where I live. Have made complaints to management company and as far as I can see, all they've done is mention in a newsletter circulated to all residents, that kids aren't to be playing unsupervised in the common areas.

Not surprisingly, this has had no affect. I'm trying to study for exams at the moment and am getting no peace :mad:

Elphaba wrote: »
    OP are you in Lucan by any chance? This exact problem is happening where I live. Have made complaints to management company and as far as I can see, all they've done is mention in a newsletter circulated to all residents, that kids aren't to be playing unsupervised in the common areas.

Not surprisingly, this has had no affect. I'm trying to study for exams at the moment and am getting no peace :mad:

No north county Dublin its so annoying especially when 2 min away is playground n a huge field for them to play in but they rather sit at my door

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Not quite the same but I have a nightmare girl in the apartment next to me! All quiet during week usually but Fri, sat and sun night she has all her friends over pre drinking, then landing back in at half 2 wit music pumping til at least 6. Add to that hearing her screaming crying fighting with her new fella (theres a new one every month) and objects being thrown and its a nightmare. She's aware that there are small kids in the block and doesn't care. All the other residents are going crazy, management company have given countless warnings. Were all hoping shell move when her lease expires in July!

Not quite the same but I have a nightmare girl in the apartment next to me! All quiet during week usually but Fri, sat and sun night she has all her friends over pre drinking, then landing back in at half 2 wit music pumping til at least 6. Add to that hearing her screaming crying fighting with her new fella (theres a new one every month) and objects being thrown and its a nightmare. She's aware that there are small kids in the block and doesn't care. All the other residents are going crazy, management company have given countless warnings. Were all hoping shell move when her lease expires in July!

Get onto her landlord and keep getting onto them at every opportunity (the more times you call the landlord at 2 in the morning the better). Annoy the landlord enough and she will not be there past her current lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Threads like this are the reason people should think twice before seeing an apartment as a viable alternative to a house in Ireland.

When you buy an apartment you are effectively buying a room in a very big shared house, and you just have to hope that the other house mates have some respect for everyone else living there.

Management companies seem to be powerless or not bothered dealing with social issues that cause no physical damage to the building but make life a misery for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

jackal wrote: »
    Threads like this are the reason people should think twice before seeing an apartment as a viable alternative to a house in Ireland.

When you buy an apartment you are effectively buying a room in a very big shared house, and you just have to hope that the other house mates have some respect for everyone else living there.

Management companies seem to be powerless or not bothered dealing with social issues that cause no physical damage to the building but make life a misery for others.

This is generalised nonsense the op is having a very specific problem with one family that has moved in to their block and its not the norm in apartment blocks. Im in an apartment for the last 5 years and 99% of the time it works perfectly well. The issues described by the op could be applied and found in housing estates aswell.

Managment companies are not responsible for social issues that occur in apartment blocks either thats a matter for the guards.

• Advertisement

Depends on the apartment building. Where I live is mostly settled families and older couples, and the worst I have to deal with is the little yappy furball that lives below me and barks its head off at 11 oclock at night.

I have to say though renting an apartment is a very different story to buying one. Anti-social behaviour is not limited just to apartment buildings, but Id say its probably the worst affected areas, as there are more renters as opposed to owner-occupiers (many of whom will be younger people) and there are just generally more people condensed into a smaller building/area. Id be quite wary of buying in an apartment building, but if it was something I was to consider then it would have to be a building in which I have previously lived, or had very good knowledge of.

It's just the one family before they moved in everything was good n quite.have no problems with anybody else in he block.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Try your best to get the landlords number Op then you will get places..

bryaner wrote: »
    Try your best to get the landlords number Op then you will get places..
    I reported them to the housing authority who are basically in charge of whether or not they can be evicted .they gave them their 1st warning And for past 2days blissfully quite don't know if this will last. But think with HA It's a 3strike rule. Didn't want it to come to his but it's been going on over a year and MC don't seem to be able to shut them up so had go higher.It's freakiously quite I could used to this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I reported them to the housing authority who are basically in charge of whether or not they can be evicted .they gave them their 1st warning And for past 2days blissfully quite don't know if this will last. But think with HA It's a 3strike rule. Didn't want it to come to his but it's been going on over a year and MC don't seem to be able to shut them up so had go higher.It's freakiously quite I could used to this ;)

Deadly feck them if they get pegged out, you don't need that sh*te nobody needs it..

Advertisement