Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from Horse Racing - permanently.

Options
  • 02-03-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have recently been banned from Horse Racing permanently for "Spamming".

It is true that I had inadvertently posted to 4 separate threads, but this was mainly do to the fact that I was unaware that any of the posts had registered due to a issue with my laptop/ Internet connection at the time.

However once aware I did delete the posts. I could not delete the new thread one though. I contacted the MOD via PM with regard to this, however they maintain the ban should be permanent.

I have been using boards.ie for a few years now and regard it a useful tool and as such would appreciate it if you could reverse your decision.

The event was a charity one for a deceased colleague.

Many thanks,

Burnbaby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Have a read of the terms of use that you signed up under. Mods are usually OK about people posting single links to charity events once you clear it with them up front. You've been around long enough to know better than to post in lots of threads though. Even if your internet connection was dodgey, it should have been clear to you that you were at least attempting to post repeatedly in different (and basically unrelated) threads.

I've spoken with the mod and they're happy to reduce the ban once you agree not to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

Great news, many thanks. Will endeavour not to make the same mistake again!

B.

Khannie wrote: »
    Have a read of the terms of use that you signed up under. Mods are usually OK about people posting single links to charity events once you clear it with them up front. You've been around long enough to know better than to post in lots of threads though. Even if your internet connection was dodgey, it should have been clear to you that you were at least attempting to post repeatedly in different (and basically unrelated) threads.

I've spoken with the mod and they're happy to reduce the ban once you agree not to do it again.

Advertisement