Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returns without Receipt?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi,

i bought a set of Skullcandy headphones on Play.com last year, i think it was in April or May but i cant find the Receipt / order confirmation in my inbox anywhere.

does anyone have one in their inbox they could send me please?

if this is out of order then please delete Mod

i've contacted the people who take Skullcandy returns and got this.

Skullcandy Warranty procedure for UK / Ireland Residents
    Skullcandy headphones are guaranteed for 24 months from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects.

Please return your headphone to the address below together the completed attached form and a copy of your receipt.

We will verify the fault and in most cases replace with the same model / colour. Unfortunately we’re unable to repair or refund faulty headphones though we will replace if proof of purchase is provided [a bank or credit card statement is fine]. If they were a gift please ask the person who gave you the headphones for the proof of purchase. We require a receipt / proof of purchase without exception.

Please ship via a ‘recorded’ postal service and keep your tracking ID in a safe place. Unfortunately we’re unable to notify you of having received your package, please use your ‘recorded’ delivery or ‘tracking’ ID to confirm delivery. Once received the process should take no longer than 21 days.

Kind Regards

Joe

Skullcandy Returns
    Dynamic Distribution
    Unit 19c Coln Park
    Andoversford Industrial Estate
    Andoversford
    Cheltenham
    GL54 4HJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

chopsey wrote: »
    hi,

i bought a set of Skullcandy headphones on Play.com last year, i think it was in April or May but i cant find the Receipt / order confirmation in my inbox anywhere.

does anyone have one in their inbox they could send me please?

if this is out of order then please delete Mod

i've contacted the people who take Skullcandy returns and got this.

Skullcandy Warranty procedure for UK / Ireland Residents
    Skullcandy headphones are guaranteed for 24 months from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects.

Please return your headphone to the address below together the completed attached form and a copy of your receipt.

We will verify the fault and in most cases replace with the same model / colour. Unfortunately we’re unable to repair or refund faulty headphones though we will replace if proof of purchase is provided [a bank or credit card statement is fine]. If they were a gift please ask the person who gave you the headphones for the proof of purchase. We require a receipt / proof of purchase without exception.

Please ship via a ‘recorded’ postal service and keep your tracking ID in a safe place. Unfortunately we’re unable to notify you of having received your package, please use your ‘recorded’ delivery or ‘tracking’ ID to confirm delivery. Once received the process should take no longer than 21 days.

Kind Regards

Joe

Skullcandy Returns
    Dynamic Distribution
    Unit 19c Coln Park
    Andoversford Industrial Estate
    Andoversford
    Cheltenham
    GL54 4HJ

First things first.

Check in your purchase history on Play.com as to when the purchase was made.

Then go to your CC statement and pluck out the proof of purchase. If you don't have the statements call your CC company and ask them to issue you with a copy statement.

Whats the problem?

Skullcandy seem reasonable enough - even giving a 24 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Try sifting through your bank statements or credit card statements for the transaction.

Don't play.com keep an order history on their website for customers?

+++edit+++

Arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

sounds like a plan, sorry i just panicked when i couldnt find the mail.

i'll go down that road, my credit card statement will just say Play.com though i wonder is that enough? but i suppose thats what they say above.

thanks vicwatson i just needed calming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

They would have emailed it to you. Anything you received in the packaging would only be a delivery docket.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

chopsey wrote: »
    sounds like a plan, sorry i just panicked when i couldnt find the mail.

i'll go down that road, my credit card statement will just say Play.com though i wonder is that enough? but i suppose thats what they say above.

thanks vicwatson i just needed calming

Including a printout of the order from the play.com website should remove any reasonable doubt, and might even be sufficient on its own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement