Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving to Port Talbot

• 02-03-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

hi,

I most likely will have a job offer in Port Talbot. I'm a bit wary on this as I've never been there but for sure know after searching the internet it is the most industrial city of the uk? I'll work in the construction business as well.

Anybody any thoughts/ experiences of living there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Port Talbot is pretty shocking when you first see it - calling it an eyesore would be kind and the pollution is horrific. I'd seriously advise you to go over and have a proper look before even thinking about accepting a job there. It's only half an hour from Cardiff so not inconvenient to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭tara73

hey, thanks for that, I was almost imagining soemthing like that.

but the matter settled itself anyway:
    they can't employ women as they don't have the facilities like toilets etc.:eek:

ah, fair enough, from your description it sounds really rough and I wouldn't want to live/work there. but it's not really pc with their 'anti women employment'..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You've dodged a bullet - seriously

Advertisement