Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

**PRE TEST** tomorrow morning! :D

Options
  • 02-03-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow morning I have my pre test and looking forward to it. I have my test on friday 9th of March in finglas test centre at 9:00. So does anyone have any tips to get good results/ a pass rate out of my pre test?

I'm driving a 2006 Toyota Yaris just so you know. I'm really looking forward to my actual driving test next week and really want to pass first time.
    So if you have any helpful advice for me please let me know. Thanks!

Anyone do a test in finglas recently, how did it go??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Listen to what your pretester tells you, remember there is not only one route and just try to look like you are checking all your mirrors and reacting to road signs(like speed changes and Stop signs)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Listen to what your pretester tells you, remember there is not only one route and just try to look like you are checking all your mirrors and reacting to road signs(like speed changes and Stop signs)

Yeah, thanks for the advice. Done it today and here's the result: https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/528010/195067.JPG

So yeah I need to work on alot to pass this test in friday!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What do the results mean - what does an X mean and what does an O mean?

In the real test, they're just X's (as in, you either get a Grade 1/2/3 fault, or you don't)

Edit: From the other thread
    (Btw, first time is X's and second time in O's).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Best advice I could give is, take your time, but not so much that you'll be done for progress.

Forget the examiner is there, and its just your mate, your instructer, or anyone else simply giving you directions.

If you have been driving fine for your instructer before, dont attempt to adjust for the examiner.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Heh, you seem to be like Derek Zoolander with your problems going left

I used to always find that when I was going left, I wouldn't check my blind spot or mirror because I was too focused on the road ahead. I ended up putting a big splodge on my hand to remind me of it. Maybe while you're out practicing, take one thing you need to practice (like checking your mirror) and tie an elastic band to your wheel, then when ever you see it it'll remind you.

Personally i think the test is all about habit and belief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

I am just wondering how long have you been driving for how much experience / professional as it appears you are difficulty with the basics like stopping !!

Were you nervous I think it looks like confidence issues ? But as my adi says to me your need more experience.

Advertisement