Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lingerie shop recommendation Dublin

• 02-03-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'd appreciate recommendations for where to buy sexy lingerie in Dublin. I'm in the Dundrum area, but can get into town too. It's the wife's birthday, I want to tread the fine line between smoulderingly sexy and downright filthy, but erring on the sexy :D

That said, I might go for one of each. Budget is about €150 max I reckon. If anyone has any favourite shops where a man will be given good advice and not feel like a crossdresser I would appreciate the advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not a subject for the ladies lounge, you'll get more results here anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Ann Summers is man friendly, they will be more than helpful. Just try to know her sizes before going in and there is some sexy underwear there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

ihsb wrote: »
    Ann Summers is man friendly, they will be more than helpful. Just try to know her sizes before going in and there is some sexy underwear there.

It's also tacky, cheap, nasty and not likely to win any brownie points from the woman in your life.

Try any of the large department stores or Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

SBWife wrote: »
    It's also tacky, cheap, nasty and not likely to win any brownie points from the woman in your life.

Try any of the large department stores or Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall.

True some of it is. But a lot is nicely made stuff! They also stock knickerbox which is a nice brand. Why not left the OP decide what is "cheap" and "nasty"?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If my other half bought me Anne Summers, I would not be impressed, something from Susan Hunter however..;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Brown Thomas and Arnotts have great selections of lingerie. But as said make sure you know what sizes you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

ihsb wrote: »
    Why not left the OP decide what is "cheap" and "nasty"?

+1. I'm not an Ann Summers fan myself but it's for the OP to decide, it was just a suggestion.

If you're in Dundrum, you could try House of Fraser. They have a pretty nice lingerie section.

Or I've heard great things about Honeytrap in Dun Laoghaire:

http://www.honeytrap-retail.com/

Please post back and let us know where you went and how it went :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I went up to the Dundrum centre. Heart in mouth, I went into House of Fraser - I hate going into lingerie places...Anyhow, I'm looking around, and seeing nothing appropriate, so am hoping one of the 4 sales assistants standing at the counter will offer some help. I wandered around for 5 minutes so they had plenty of time to see me and offer help. Whatever about approaching one sales girl by herself, interrupting 4 of them deep in chat was not too palatable....Anyhow, as I approached them to ask, they scattered, so I walked after one. My mind was pretty mad up at that stage, there's no way I'm going to give them my cash. There was nothing very nice there anyhow, you'd wonder what their buyers are at!

So I headed down to Marks & Spencer. Much better selection, some nice stuff. Purchased a few items & got out of there pronto!

Maybe its the Father Ted episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN7FftWNCM , I just dont feel comfortable in these places!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Debenhams have a nice lingerie section with a good range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks LLU, appreciate your input, but have just given her her presents!! Next time.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Shame about you experience in HoF. Hope the assistants weren't on commission!!

Anyway I'm sure your wife will be really happy with the gift, best of luck!

Advertisement