Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reapplying to the CAO, how the grant works

Options
  • 02-03-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am currently in 1st year of an Arts degree in University, my 1st semester was a disaster and many of my modules I failed. I will have to sit repeats in the summer and I don't believe I will pass them. I'm thinking of leaving now, this makes sence because if I sit and fail one exam I'll be out of education for a year. My current course is a 4 year course. If i was to reapply on the CAO it would be for an Arts Degree which gives the option of a 3 year or a 4 year degree.
    Questions Are:
    • Can I recieve the grant for 4 years of university even when one of those years is a repeat??
    • If the answer is "NO" which year would the grant not be paid?? Would it be the repeated 1st year or my final year of the degree??
    • Also if you have done anything remotely similar to this I would appriciate your insight into it, any issues to be aware of?
    Thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

mrroboto wrote: »
    Questions Are:
    • Can I recieve the grant for 4 years of university even when one of those years is a repeat??
    • If the answer is "NO" which year would the grant not be paid?? Would it be the repeated 1st year or my final year of the degree??
    • Also if you have done anything remotely similar to this I would appriciate your insight into it, any issues to be aware of?
    Thanks!!:)

You cannot receive a grant for a repeat year, Any new degree course would require you to pay fees for the first year or repeat year.

Have you thought about changing courses in your current Uni, you should speak to the Education Officer in the SU.

Advertisement