Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

So first full day with the phone and only 1 minor complaint....Battery drain overnight.

Charged it up and more or less played with it over the course of the day(roughly 6 hours of heavy usage).

Went to sleep and there was 27% left, which was pretty awesome in my opinion, but 6 hours later when I woke up it had died :(

Don't understand how it could have happened but I hear its common at this stage until they sort out a few bugs?

Other than that this beast is a cracker and a step up from the S2.
    Are you turning Wifi off when it sleeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got a pebble blue one toady on my wifes early upgrade, thanks hon, will have a mess later and report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

fionny wrote: »
    If you had google sync setup then your numbers should be okay but im guessing you didnt do that. You will need to look up the best way of doing it.

As for your messages I dont think there is an easy way of moving them.

I have the S III set up now but it didn't transfer my numers automatically when I put my sim from the iphone into the S III. I setup everything right and still no numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

leemaree wrote: »
    I have the S III set up now but it didn't transfer my numers automatically when I put my sim from the iphone into the S III. I setup everything right and still no numbers

Thats because numbers are not saved on your sim (almost never are any more) on an iphone they are saved on the phone itself and you never had google sync setup.

Like i said you will need to look up a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Is that tariff still available? Its only 18 months online.

Also how does the 1Gb suit you? All Id use is facebook, windows outlook and twitter daily. Would the 1Gig do me?

I'm on the same 35 quid a month 12 months contract which has just finished
    and also enquired about upgrading.

I've worked out the costs and it actually cheaper to just get a new contract over the 18 months. It's crazy, i cant see any advantage of upgrading, does phone companies not give any benefits for customer loyalty?

New Contract

25euro x 18months = 450
    + 299 (price of phone)

Existing contract

35euro x 12 months = 420
    20(sim only) x 6 months = 120
    + 299 (price of phone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If you have an iPhone and have Gmail set up on it, you can sync your contacts to Gmail in the exact same way that you would sync your contacts to Gmail on an Android.

Boot up your new Android and enter your Gmail account info and your contacts will automatically appear.
    Inquitus wrote: »
    Got a pebble blue one toady on my wifes early upgrade, thanks hon, will have a mess later and report.

So, the blue ones are available now?
    Did you get it in a store, or online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Hey, waiting for the blue sg3 with three, anybody else in the same boat? Got it online two weeks ago, is there much of a back log?

Worried about it being too big as I'm going from the wildfire s which is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

omega666 wrote: »
    I'm on the same 35 quid a month 12 months contract which has just finished
    and also enquired about upgrading.

I've worked out the costs and it actually cheaper to just get a new contract over the 18 months. It's crazy, i cant see any advantage of upgrading, does phone companies not give any benefits for customer loyalty?

New Contract

25euro x 18months = 450
    + 299 (price of phone)

Existing contract

35euro x 12 months = 420
    20(sim only) x 6 months = 120
    + 299 (price of phone)

Are you looking at the online prices? If you are then the 25.41Eur is only for applied for 12 months and the remaining 6months are 30Eur, Im pretty sure (theres a "*" on the site with small print.

You looking at the S3 by any chance?

Are you looking at the online prices? If you are then the 25.41Eur is only for applied for 12 months and the remaining 6months are 30Eur, Im pretty sure (theres a "*" on the site with small print.

Yeah its the online plan for the S3,
    Cheers, Didnt notice the small print saying it's only lasts for for 12 months, very sneaky of them!!

So the difference is 779euro vs 839euro

I dont see the point of upgrading if it's going to cost 59 quid more.

Just rang three, they said it will be the end of June before the blue is in. *smashes phone to the ground* . I just can't accept a white phone, its too flashy and ghey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭opus

Thanks for the heads-up, I was looking at that same plan & would have pulled the trigger if the blue one was in stock. This is the small print so the final 6 months is €30.50/month but to be honest the extra ~€30 wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    *Hurry limited time online offer. Discount applied for a whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Inquitus wrote: »

Any chance of a few pics? Wife is waiting to see the blue one before deciding.

Thanks!

I actually prefer paying a small bit more to be out of contract after 12months :)

Also I get the 35euro tarrif for 30 because of online deal :)

I actually prefer paying a small bit more to be out of contract after 12months :)

that fair enough, some people only want the 12 month contract.

I'm just annoyed that there's no benefit's for existing customers to try to convince them to stay. It’s not an upgrade they're offering, it’s just a new contract more expensive that what new customers are offered.

They keep customers by having offers applicable to everyone thats better then other networks... Ive stayed with meteor because they are the cheapest for what I want and they let me keep my 12month contract.

Other networks make it unreasonably expensive if you want anything less the 18 months...

and I will never never sign a 24 month contract.. that is proper bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I want a short contract aswell, and then Id say I would switch to meteors rolling contract thats 20Euro for 200texts 200mins and 1Gb data.

Checked to see if my Wife had an upgrade before heading to lunch, happy days she does, into the Voda store at the pavillions, any sign of the blue one lads? Couldn't be doing with a white one, sure enough they got them in today, jobs a goodun!

img20120606164526.jpg

img20120606164333.jpg

img20120606164328.jpg

img20120606164306.jpg

Enjoy :) seeing your photo's im glad I got the white :) Much prefer its looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Chet T16 wrote: »
    So first full day with the phone and only 1 minor complaint....Battery drain overnight.

Charged it up and more or less played with it over the course of the day(roughly 6 hours of heavy usage).

Went to sleep and there was 27% left, which was pretty awesome in my opinion, but 6 hours later when I woke up it had died :(

Don't understand how it could have happened but I hear its common at this stage until they sort out a few bugs?

Are you turning Wifi off when it sleeps?

As in physically clicking off the wifi before going to sleep? No.

Or do you mean in the advanced wifi setting the "keep wifi on during sleep" tab? If so then yes that's set to "always", as I understand if you turn it off then wifi goes off when screen goes off so I can't receive viber calls etc when screen is off???

Rang three today and was told it will be three weeks minimum before delivery, I was pissed off as they had said two weeks last week. Get an email one hour after the call to say its been dispatched. Good times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

god's toy wrote: »
    Any chance of a few pics? Wife is waiting to see the blue one before deciding.

Thanks!

Can't decide between the Blue and White! If it was metalic grey rather than blue I'd be sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭monty_python

Just got an s3.
    Would anybody be so kind to tell me how to sync music and contacts from my old n8
    I dont have a laptop

J o e wrote: »
    Can't decide between the Blue and White! If it was metalic grey rather than blue I'd be sold!

Yep, I got the White and I'm happy with that! I just wish the Blue was darker but I made my choice now.

Just got an s3.
    Would anybody be so kind to tell me how to sync music and contacts from my old n8
    I dont have a laptop

Micro SD card?

Just got an s3.
    I dont have a laptop

Micro SD card?
    Ill pick up an sd card tomorro and see if i can transfer the music to it on the n8.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Betterbatterystats ftw. Check partial deadlocks to see what's eating your battery when the phone should be idle.

Ill pick up an sd card tomorro and see if i can transfer the music to it on the n8.

Just press and hold, then drag to the little Bin icon the the bottom of the screen.

Just thinking you may be able to send your music files over Bluetooth too. As for the card, make sure it's a 'MicroSD' one!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Are the s3's from vodafone unlocked?

Just press and hold, then drag to the little Bin icon the the bottom of the screen.

Just thinking you may be able to send your music files over Bluetooth too. As for the card, make sure it's a 'MicroSD' one!
    Thanks for the advice dude. I tryed sending via bluetooth but i can only send 1 at a time. Noway im going to send 3000 songs 1 at a time haha
    Got mine from 3 today and its unlocked but it is branded

• Advertisement

manu2009 wrote: »
    Are the s3's from vodafone unlocked?

My blue one from today is locked, and has a minor infestation of unremovable bloatware........until i root it and evict it of course ;)

Advertisement