Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Four Live and The Daily Show really finished?

• 02-03-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I personally hope so, I hardly watched either shows but when I did they made me cringe. The rumours going around is that it's over now due to budget cutbacks at RTÉ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The rumours going around is that it's over now due to budget cutbacks at RTÉ.

Didn't realise there was such a thing.

Well, RTE do have to prop up Tubridy, Finucane, Duffy and co's wages so its always the little people that will get the ol' heave ho first...

By the little people, I mean the researchers and techical people, I hardly mean that vacuum of talent manchild from Kerry...don't you know he'll be grand ffs. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah today was the last day for both shows.
    Back to repeats of Murder she wrote for yer afternoon viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Probably finished for the "Summer"?

Roanmore wrote: »
    Probably finished for the "Summer"?

No for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Grand.

Nothing like a bit of Murder She Wrote with the afternoon spliff. They can throw Daithi Ó Sea and Maura Derrane in the bin, stick Clare Byrne onto something worthwile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

RTE stars deny 'Daily Show' got the axe
    RTE stars Claire Byrne and Daithi O Se have dismissed reports that their popular daytime show was 'axed' and say it could even be back this September.
    The Daily Show presenters explained how they knew as far back as last June that the entertainment programme was only scheduled for 100 shows and planned to wrap up this week. As Ms Byrne explained, the schedule change was planned by RTE since the middle of last year.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/rte-stars-deny-daily-show-got-the-axe-3038959.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Cut for budget reasons. How much can either show possibly cost to make? They must be able to put out shows like that for next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

nc6000 wrote: »
    Cut for budget reasons. How much can either show possibly cost to make? They must be able to put out shows like that for next to nothing.

Live shows cost way more than some daytime detective show to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Yeah today was the last day for both shows.
    Back to repeats of Murder she wrote for yer afternoon viewing.

crap, that'll reopen the old conundrum about which is best...
    murder she wrote, or diagnosis murder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

crap, that'll reopen the old conundrum about which is best...
    murder she wrote, or diagnosis murder!

Well it's diagnosis murder every time. The more van dykes the better.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Well it's diagnosis murder every time. The more van dykes the better.

I agree but i would prefer if they done repeats of Father Dowling or even better Matlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

nc6000 wrote: »

watch the first 6 minutes of this charlie brooker screen wipe, which explains how much telly costs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXOPIbb8ZjA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reshow the Riordans then Bracken then Glenroe, afternoons sorted for the next 25 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imjustlovely

What are Republic of telly going to do ? :eek: Maura made it so funny :(

Advertisement