Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Dog - who to contact???

Options
  • 02-03-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

There is a small brown stray dog around Centra and the train station in Portarlington the last few weeks. I've tried to approach her a few times but shes really timid. Tonight I gave her some food but she was still really timid and nervous. I asked in Centra and apparently she was thrown from a car a few weeks ago....really pissed at that, some people are the lowest of the low. Rant over.

Anyway, Going out after dinner to see if she'll approach me having fed her. Thing is we're only renting and arent allowed pets. I'm sure we'd get away with it over the weekend...but not long term. Being a blow in to Laois what are my options for contacting someone. Either for someone to catch her and home her, or take her off us.

Regards,

Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

P.S. I have the contact details for the Pound in Ballincolla, but just in case anyone knows of someone that takes strays. Couldnt find her tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

This group is supposed to be a no-kill shelter and appears to be based in Laois from what I can ascertain:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cara-Rescue-Dogs/308687865835850?sk=info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Failing that, the LSPCA also have a facebook page so get in contact with them.

http://www.facebook.com/lspca.rescue

http://www.lspca.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

hi, if you ring the LSPCA on 0876883333 they will look after her and put in a foster home till ready to be rehomed and give a full vet check up.

Cheers all, went looking the last two nights but no joy. Saying that only ever saw her in daylight. So gonna head out this morning in search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Any luck locating that poor creature? PM me if you want to arrange a temporary home.

Any luck locating that poor creature? PM me if you want to arrange a temporary home.

I couldnt find her over the weekend but on the way to the train this morning I saw her and gave her some food, but couldnt approach her. I rang the LSPCA this morning who were really helpful. They had already tried to approach her but couldnt get near her. They said they would go out again and try. They rang me back around 12.30 to say a woman had picked up a dog matching the description. I'm hoping its the same dog. Thanks for all the help and offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

@budhabob, fair dues to you. Well done on being an all-round decent person.

If I win the Lotto, you'll be hearing from me. :D

Peace

An Ri rua wrote: »
    @budhabob, fair dues to you. Well done on being an all-round decent person.

If I win the Lotto, you'll be hearing from me. :D

Peace

Nice one, hope you did the euromillions tonight :P

Advertisement