Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

still thinking of upgrading to 4S, any help?

• 02-03-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

if i upgrade to the 4s, does it still sync locally with pc software like my outlook 2010 etc? the calenders/tasks/notes and email sync is very handy on the 3GS, especially as its not necessary to be online, this can be an issue where i am?
    i've been happy with the 3gs until the ios upgrade a few months back. but the build quality and reliability has been great. are these aspects still the same in the 4S?

any other advice on this would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

DriversEd wrote: »
    if i upgrade to the 4s, does it still sync locally with pc software like my outlook 2010 etc? the calenders/tasks/notes and email sync is very handy on the 3GS, especially as its not necessary to be online, this can be an issue where i am?
    i've been happy with the 3gs until the ios upgrade a few months back. but the build quality and reliability has been great. are these aspects still the same in the 4S?

any other advice on this would be helpful.
    Just backup your 3GS to PC first using Itunes
    when you get the new 4S restore backup from PC on to it
    it will have all contracts and outlook settings and any apps you have installed

it works fine I have done this with IPHONE 3GS to IPHONE 4 and IPHONE 4S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

thanks, but will the device sync locally with my pc software automatically each time i reconnect, say in the evening when i get in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Not if you turn off automatically sync in itunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do you think that a newer upgraded phone would not have a feature that an older model would?

You can also use new iCloud to backup/Sync your contacts.

iCloud info link

Advertisement