Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for Unmarried Fathers

Options
  • 02-03-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Ok I'm new bear with me.... but I just gotta get this out!
    I'm an unmarried MOTHER my partner is an unmarried father

My partner has a 9 year old daughter, he has spent 8 years being nothing short of 'dragged' through the court system. My guy is useless at paperwork and legal stuff therefore both myself and his sister were finally allowed by him to help him last year... we have been in court 4 times since last June '11 with another one next month. His daughters mother is a monster and I'm being kind here. She has lied and abused the court system to her advantage. OK bear with me again I'm going to get to the point...!.... My guy has been unemployed since last June and last Oct got his maintenance reduced from 150 per week to 80......! What...the hell... is going on that anyone can pay 80 while being unemployed!! What judge can logic this, because of his lack of paperwork one Judge set it at 150 while he was working back in 2004 and now even at 80 per week this is ludicrus! We didn't even get heard today as every solictor seems to want to ditch his X and she did her party piece of shouting and roaring in court today and surpise surprise the Judge adjourned!! She uses and abuses the system and continually appeals decisions just because she can. My guy's X has hidden assets and money and she appears to be able to get away with not producing them when we know she is a very wealthy woman, yet the courts don't seem to question what she has and yet here we are showing every single bit of paperwork like ejits and still not getting anywhere close to closure. We are BROKE from this and this nightmare continues!

I know I'm missing alot of facts here but my real point is I have met endless fathers in court over the past 4 times I've been there, I've heard their stories and all can be summarised with one thing..... if the mother of a child wants to keep appealing and emotionally turn children against him then the judicial system in Ireland unbelieveably will allow it!

As an unmarried mother I get 65 per week plus halve any major expences, my own X is comfortable financially but as long as my daughter has a father she can see then that is all I want, I just don't want the hassle and upset of courts when what I get is reasonable enough. What is wrong with women out there, why can't they just think OF THE CHILDREN!

Again I apologise if I have not shown correct etiquette here, again I am new. A child needs BOTH parents, why do guys have to be dragged through courts as a personal vendetta? Why is the legal system failing I can only guess thousands of poor guys out there who just want to see their kids and not end up in a bedsit because of unrealistic maintenance??! I loved my father equally as much as I do my mother and remember both parents equally when I look back to when I was a child, why can't the court system start looking at fathers as being equal??

Any comments appreciated

Comments

Advertisement