Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You can do better. The processor you've selected is pretty horrible in comparison to its Intel counterpart (as is the case with virtually every AMD processor right now), so have a look at an i3/i5 instead, meaning a Z68 chipset motherboard.

The PSU is overkill, and not that good. Look at a 550-650W one, like the ZS 650 from OCZ.

Tower seems a bit high price-wise for what you get, but I'll leave that to you.

The hard drive is a green drive, so is probably going to be fairly slow. Maybe look into an SSD to pair it with if you have the money.

RAM is a bit over-priced. Contrary to what every memory manufacturer will tell you, faster RAM doesn't make the slighest bit of difference, so just get whatever is cheap within the capacity you're looking for.

With that sort of money going into cooling, I'd also consider looking at the D14 from Noctua. It's an air cooler, but it can sometimes perform better than the H80.

Graphics card is fine, though you might want to look at a 7950 as well, or wait and see what the 7800 series is like (launching next week).

Also, have a look at hardwareversand.de. They're a German site with very cheap parts. Almost everyone here uses them, and they've proven to be very reliable, though sometimes their site can be a little difficult to navigate if you're not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Two 64GB SSDs? Why not the one 128GB drive? It's €25 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Serephucus wrote: »
    Two 64GB SSDs? Why not the one 128GB drive? It's €25 cheaper.

That was an accident, meant for just the one :o. With that you could bump up to a 7950.

Advertisement