Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No connection ?!

Options
  • 02-03-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

I was browsing the web earlier on the PC and the connection suddenly dropped. Normally it would come back on after 30 seconds or so but its been more than 3 hours now and I still can't connect to the internet.

The "DSL sync" light on the router won't come on. I rang eircom and they said the line was ok. They're sending an engineer next week. Anyone know whats wrong and what I can try ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jamescd wrote: »
    I was browsing the web earlier on the PC and the connection suddenly dropped. Normally it would come back on after 30 seconds or so but its been more than 3 hours now and I still can't connect to the internet.

The "DSL sync" light on the router won't come on. I rang eircom and they said the line was ok. They're sending an engineer next week. Anyone know whats wrong and what I can try ?

Hi James,

Thanks for your post. I've just called the Technician, who is currently on your premises. He is dealing with your fault as I speak, so hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

I see that this fault is logged with Technical Support. They advise that you had called into them earlier to report the fault. Their initial checks advise that you are using a 3rd party router, and they advised you to hard reset your modem first whilst testing your connection directly on the master phone socket.

If you're still having any issue after the Technician has dealt with your broadband, just give Technical Support a call and they will recheck the connection. If necessary the can quickly escalate a fault to the engineers again.

Remember, if possible to test your modem on the main phone socket first. If unsure about this, take a look at the advice given on our Support Forum :

Broadband Checklist

*Technical Support: 1890260260 -8:am-10pm (7 days

Don't worry about giving your fault case id (reference) if you do need to call into Technical Support. All you need do is give your home telephone number and they will be able to assist you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement