Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am thinking of upgrading Eircom broadband, will it happen automatically?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I have 8MB next generation broadband ATM, but thinking of upgrading. Have the phone in too.

I am thinking of placing an order on Eircoms broadband page, if I do this would they just do something (flick a switch?) at Eircom and my speed will be upgraded or will something further be needed?

BTW, it says "€60 off online" on Eircoms broadband page, do they charge you for upgrading in itself?

(BTW, my stupid landlord never signed up with UPC when building the apartment complex, so only Eircom ATM.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I have 8MB next generation broadband ATM, but thinking of upgrading. Have the phone in too.

I am thinking of placing an order on Eircoms broadband page, if I do this would they just do something (flick a switch?) at Eircom and my speed will be upgraded or will something further be needed?

BTW, it says "€60 off online" on Eircoms broadband page, do they charge you for upgrading in itself?

(BTW, my stupid landlord never signed up with UPC when building the apartment complex, so only Eircom ATM.)

as far as i know they will need to send tech guy to switch it for you in exchange. u may not loose the internet - u will still have 8mbs and then 24mbs -in the case that your line is able to support 24mbs - call Eircom 1800 503 503 and they tell you whats going on. and that should happend in 24H since u will place the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Will a tech guy have to call up to my apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi RiseToTheTop,

Apologies for the delay. As mentioned you won't have to do anything on your side if you're upgrading your broadband. An engineer will have tested your connection and your broadband will be upgraded to the optimum, dependent on what your broadband pre-qualifies for. There should be no need for an engineer to go to your apartment to do further testing.

If you're out of contract and you will avail of online savings. Please see online offers below. If you're still in your first 12 months contract then a discount will have already been applied.

If you need further information on this, or what options are available to you, including your current eircom Account status, just give Broadband Sales a call before you place your order online :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement