Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applewood Park

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Down by the allotments it's a great place to walk dogs just wished fcc would make it a proper dog park, fully enclose it at the top and bottom and make the gates swinging so the close after you open them

Anyone else walk there dog there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah, and provide some fresh water together with a well balanced meal, not to mention the full time poop cleaners...Hell, why not provide a dog grooming service while they're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Yeah, and provide some fresh water together with a well balanced meal, not to mention the full time poop cleaners...Hell, why not provide a dog grooming service while they're at it.

nob head

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Personal abuse will not be tolerated

Beasty

fair enough but there was no need to yer man's smart ass reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Dog Park?? The council can't even provide enough playgrounds for the kids! That said nothing stopping a group of dog owners getting together and buying a field and building there own dog park.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

luckyfrank wrote: »
    fair enough but there was no need to yer man's smart ass reply
    If you have a problem with a post, report it and leave it to the mods to deal with. Do not respond in-thread

Now can we all please get back on-topic

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

eh I wish they would even supply a bin for the dog sh** and also stop those young fellas with the aggressive dogs from tieing up the dogs at the football pitch, for hours on end and letting them bark at every passer by and dog coming into their vision... but I think I live in fairy world where the tooth fairy exists.... it took them two years to actually pick up the litter after the peeps using the park for football so we all live in hope.x

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Dont see FCC doing it anytime soon
    They dont have enough playgrounds so why cater for dog walkers?
    If dogwalkers want something why not do it like the educate together crowd and buy somewhere themselves
    Course then theyd have to pay someone to clean up after their dog,
    Unlikely

Please do not turn this thread into a rant against dogs and their owners.

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Down by the allotments it's a great place to walk dogs just wished fcc would make it a proper dog park, fully enclose it at the top and bottom and make the gates swinging so the close after you open them

Anyone else walk there dog there

Where abouts is this? Is it near the Football pitches at Balheary?
    bernyh wrote: »
    eh I wish they would even supply a bin for the dog sh**

There is defo not enough bins around Swords, for dog shít or general rubbish.

• Advertisement

no it's down behind the apartments at the back of applewood

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Dog Park?? The council can't even provide enough playgrounds for the kids! That said nothing stopping a group of dog owners getting together and buying a field and building there own dog park.

Dogs are unlikely to burn down their facilities if they were provided. There's nothing stopping parents from buying piece of land and build a playground either is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

The Muppet wrote: »
    Dogs are unlikely to burn down their facilities if they were provided. There's nothing stopping parents from buying piece of land and build a playground either is there?

Does that happen in Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Where's this?

Does that happen in Swords?

Yes It Does
    Larianne wrote: »
    Where's this?

The Castle playground.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/reopening-of-castle-playground-delayed-2239060.html

So do you think we should have dog parks at the expense of childrens playgrounds?

There would be a considerable difference in cost between what the op suggested and building a childrens playground would there not?

Dog owners have just as much entitlement to having proper facilities for their dogs as Parents do for their children.

So dogs and their owners have equal rights as parents and their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The park that the OP mentioned is the only designated open green area in that area so why should FCC make it a it a dog park. I live in the estate beside the park & remember years ago having an argument with the then Fianna Fail councillor Michael Kennedy when he called to my door. My argument was that the huge wasteland in front of my house (now Thornleigh ET school) should be an open green space. His counter-argument was that the aforementioned park was the open green space for Applewood.
    As there is no playground for children in the Applewood area that is the only green space you can walk with your children. I have no problem sharing it with dog owners if they would only clean up their dog crap after them but unfortunately they never do. I have an allotment in the community garden in that park and have never once seen one single dog owner pick up their dog crap after them. It's an absolute disgrace that you can't walk six feet in the only designated green area in Applewood without coming across some dog sh*t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Dogs are unlikely to burn down their facilities if they were provided.

So are you saying it was the children that the playground was provided for burned it down? That playground was for children under the age of 12. It's hardly their fault that some anti-social teenagers set the playground ablaze. More the fault of the teenagers parents & and of FCC for not properly monitoring the playground & building it in a ridiculous part of the park. At the back where nobody can see what's going on a night. That playground in the Castle Park should have been built at the front near the Tennis club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement