Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Ghost Hunt in The Dark?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

dusf wrote: »
    I would imagine all these people that were with you ghost hunting wanted to see ghosts too.

A lot, but short of proof apparently.

Believe it or not, everybody on the team are sceptics. We go in somewhere, somebody will say, this this and this are happening. More often than not we can give a rational explanation for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

MeadhbhL3 wrote: »
    I present as findings what I believe is something that cannot be explained.

Please repost these findings.

Please repost these findings.

www.irishghosthunters.com

After about 30 seconds a strange thermal shape appeared about two feet to the side of Jeremy. We have no idea what was causing this strange phenomena. I explained to Jeremy what was happening, he said he felt a strange feeling as he passed his hand over the area.

You will forgive me for not feeling convinced at these 'findings' if you yourselves don't even know what the hell it was.

Anything more specific MeadhbhL3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

You are the one disagreeing so this is all on you.

You are still not grasping this. The onus of proof is on the party professing something exists.

Besides, you cannot prove a negative.
    I present as findings what I believe is something that cannot be explained.

You have presented us with exactly zero, zilch, bubkis.
    Believe it or not, everybody on the team are sceptics. We go in somewhere, somebody will say, this this and this are happening. More often than not we can give a rational explanation for it.

And when you can not explain, it must be a ghost, right? That's illogical.

It's like wondering who put cookies in the cookie jar, and not being able to figure it out concluding a ghost must have done it.

Considering you describe yourself as a sceptic but you believe in ghosts and an afterlife, something there is no proof for whatsoever, I very much doubt your team are really sceptics.

I imagine you watch a lot of True Blood etc.

• Advertisement

There are a lot of videos there, which one specifically is proof? I would rather not have to sit through an entire episode of a show like this because it's full of either fraud or misguided people.

You will forgive me for not feeling convinced at these 'findings' if you yourselves don't even know what the hell it was.

Anything more specific MeadhbhL3?

As I said, we present our findings, up to each individual to decide after that.

You are still not grasping this. The onus of proof is on the party professing something exists.

Besides, you cannot prove a negative.

You have presented us with exactly zero, zilch, bubkis.

And when you can not explain, it must be a ghost, right? That's illogical.

It's like wondering who put cookies in the cookie jar, and not being able to figure it out concluding a ghost must have done it.

Considering you describe yourself as a sceptic but you believe in ghosts and an afterlife, something there is no proof for whatsoever, I very much doubt your team are really sceptics.

I imagine you watch a lot of True Blood etc.

I have never seen True Blood.
    Here we go again,
    I am a sceptic
    I am a ghost hunters, I look for things that will prove this. So far, I've seen things but I will not say somewhere is haunted because of my findings alone. We always always always back things up with science.
    If we cannot find a rational explanation and we have no concrete proof then we often go back again and keep looking.
    I am not asking you to believe, I don't care if you do.
    I want to believe there is something after death, who wouldn't.

You haven't presented any 'findings' at all. Just a bunch of blurry youtube videos featuring excitable members of the general public. www.irishghosthunters.com seems to be more of an advertisement for FM104 than anything else.

I'm going to do your work for you and leave some evidence in this thread of the existence of ghosts. I don't care if people don't believe, I have presented my findings and that is that. If you have anything better feel free to share! Goodnight.

Ah, so no proof then. I cannot say I am surprised, as it would be major worldwide news if something supernatural was proven to exist.

There is no way in hell I am sitting through an hour of 'ghost hunting' drivel only to see what you think might be proof.
    I have never seen True Blood..

Perhaps Buffy the Vampire Slayer then, anyway it's besides the point what inspired you.

I am a sceptic

Sceptics do not believe in tooth-fairies, leprechauns, ghosts, or Santa Claus.
    I am a ghost hunters, I look for things that will prove this. So far, I've seen things but I will not say somewhere is haunted because of my findings
    alone. We always always always back things up with science.

So you have scientific proof of the existence of ghosts? if so, you are being incredibly shy with it.
    I am not asking you to believe, I don't care if you do.

I only believe in the truth.
    I want to believe there is something after death, who wouldn't.

Yes, I explained this to you already, wanting to believe in something is not enough reason to fool yourself into believing it, I am stronger of mind than that, and I value the truth more than a comfortable false perception.

• Advertisement

I see you are affiliated with that most intellectual and reputable broadcaster Adrian Kennedy, I should have known.

I have spent enough time arguing with zealots for one night, I shall leave you to your ignorance, enjoy it.

Unsubscribed from thread.

Ah, so no proof then. I cannot say I am surprised, as it would be major worldwide news if something supernatural was proven to exist.

There is no way in hell I am sitting through an hour of 'ghost hunting' drivel only to see what you think might be proof.

Perhaps Buffy the Vampire Slayer then, anyway it's besides the point what inspired you.

Sceptics do not believe in tooth-fairies, leprechauns, ghosts, or Santa Claus.

So you have scientific proof of the existence of ghosts? if so, you are being incredibly shy with it.

I only believe in the truth.

Yes, I explained this to you already, wanting to believe in something is not enough reason to fool yourself into believing it, I am stronger of mind than that, and I value the truth more than a comfortable false perception.

There is a huge difference between toothfairies, santa claus, leprechauns and spirits. Do your research. Or don't, I really don't care either way. I love what I do :D

There is a huge difference between toothfairies, santa claus, leprechauns and spirits.

They all share one thing in common. They don't exist.

They all share one thing in common. They don't exist.

Who can say for certain.

Who can say for certain.

Me.

Around and around we go...

Me.

Around and around we go...

And you are the all seeing all knowing aren't you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay folks, wether Ghosts do or do not exist is not the purpose of this thread. Can we please keep it on topic. If you want to say that ghost hunting is done in the dark because it makes it more scary then please state that it is simply your opinion and accept another poin of view. If you wish to go further please link to some evidence.

Likewise if you believe ghost hunting in the dark improves the chances if finding ghosts please link to something which supports your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cowenwatch

With the media especially television you have to look at MOdes of Address and how things are framed. Things look scarier in the dark so they present shows in the dark. Personally speaking I saw my mate's dead father a couple of years ago in his house. Didn't say anything at the time in case I was loosing it but said it to my mate a couple of weeks after. My mate replied that he'd seen him as well on a different occasion. People are of the mentality that if you can't see it, it isn't there.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beubeu

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the main reason yet, they shoot the footage in the dark because it's easier to pretend there are ghosts, werewolves, and tooth-fairies etc when the person viewing cannot see so well because of the lack of light.

what's funny is that nothing, i mean NOTHING, happen during the show. so yes, its in the dark because its the only thing that might scared people :)

Riamfada wrote: »
    Okay folks, wether Ghosts do or do not exist is not the purpose of this thread. Can we please keep it on topic. If you want to say that ghost hunting is done in the dark because it makes it more scary then please state that it is simply your opinion and accept another poin of view. If you wish to go further please link to some evidence.

Likewise if you believe ghost hunting in the dark improves the chances if finding ghosts please link to something which supports your claims.

Tried that. Sent a link and it was thrown back in my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If you truly were a sceptic you would demand proof before belief.

Thats a cynic.

Cynicism:
    A cynic starts out with a "belief" about a subject and makes conclusions about the subject based on that "belief". So, a cynic decides to accept or reject something based on whether or not it fits with their current belief system.

Skepticism:
    A skeptic on the other hand starts out with no "belief" about the subject. They seek to understand the subject through a process of examining it in its fullness with an open mind.

Many people (many on this forum too) call themselves skeptical in relation to the paranormal, yet they have no interest in examining the paranormal in its fullness with an open mind.

there are various reasons why people investigate in the dark. Sometimes for security, its best to do so as less people realise someone is in the building. due to work concerns, a lot of the time investigations happen at night, when its dark, and people have a tendancy in being quieter in the dark as well. plus sometimes when one sense is dimmed the others pick up the slack.

My question is why do people use infrared cameras? Use a torch, its cheaper and just as effective.

We seem to have 2 threads for this. As i mentioned on the other thread, the only reason for this is it looks good from a production standpoint same can be said for K2 meters.

my thread was first though ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gavingaz12

I think when we ghosthunt in the dark . we are using all our senses . afriend of mine told me theres to much energy in the day for spirits to move but at night its easyer to move because less energy to move around in . just an opinion . ghost hunting is more fun in the dark anyway lol . let me know what anyone else thinks its a great subject to chat about the. take care

i agree its more craic etc, but I really dont think it would affect ones chances of having a paranormal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gavingaz12

You can get paranormal day and night . i prefer night it works better for me .. but every one is different my friend . just an opinion .

Gavingaz12 wrote: »
    You can get paranormal day and night . i prefer night it works better for me .. but every one is different my friend . just an opinion .

totally agree

There could be an argument for it being more quiet at night time then during the day. But really that should be for a location that has reported audible phenomena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably just for atmosphere. I can see no reason why ghosts would be less active during the day.

Advertisement