Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debits

• 02-03-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have a direct debit question. I set a direct debit up with a company and after a while they deleted the details from there system. I provided them with the details again. I never cancelled the the direct debit in the bank so it still active.

My question is do they have to set up a new direct debit with the bank or can they reactivate the current debit debt on their system / bank. ?

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 clairedavies

Not entirely sure I understand your question BUT I would be questionning a company that 'loses' your details...? They obviously have direct debit sponsorship which is a good thing but be cautious of direct debits with non well-known companies, they have complete control and can choose to take any amount of money from your account.

If I were you I would contact your bank for some clarity on what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Were there any collections made. If you have not cancelled the DD with your Bank the instruction will remain in place and there should be no need to complete a new instruction.

Advertisement