Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arena construction

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi there

has anyone constructed an arena lately within last 2 years and did all the ground work themselves and just got the sand/arena company to lay the surface ??
    What type of surface ? I want ideally sand mixed with fibre
    so what was the cost of the surface alone ??

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

I constructed one in 2009. I got a local contractor to do the ground works and John Ormonde Wexford Sand Ltd supplied the sand and fibre. He also mixed the fibre through which is necessary for proper distribution of the fibre. At the time the sand cost € 6,700 and the fibre a further € 3,700 including the spreading for 330 Tonnes for a 50' x 30' arena. They were really professional and 3 years later it is still perfect. If you would like any more info or to see it please feel free to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi there Harriet
    thanks for reply
    That price is not toooo bad is it for that size of an arena
    I need to get an idea as you know as some companies are extremely professional and do a great job but charge an arm and a leg !
    Where if you shop around and see what other companies are offering

Many thanks again

Advertisement