Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor Jimbo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Ya been keeping an eye on it. I wouldn't be Jims biggest fan to start with so Im getting a laugh off it. Another waste of our money if you ask me himself and Kiely going to China. There is also an article in the leader about it. Jims not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Was reading about this on Limerick Leader site, Jim says...

Speaking to the Limerick Chronicle, Mayor Long said: “When I discover this person, I would like to think all their assets are in their own name, because I will take what they have.”

Thats fightin talk! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe their should be a Cllr Gilligan parody account too after the ****e he was spouting earlier on this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

How much a year would this clown earn? From what i know the mayor is elected with in the councillors themselves i guess its no wonder he's there so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i am laughing at miday, thanks for the giggle folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ya been keeping an eye on it. I wouldn't be Jims biggest fan to start with so Im getting a laugh off it. Another waste of our money if you ask me himself and Kiely going to China. There is also an article in the leader about it. Jims not happy.

I have no problem paying towards Mayor Jimbos' :) and Binky Kielys trip to China.

Now as for for the return trip, that I'd have serious bother with.

Can't China keep them? We could swap them for a few Pandas.......or if that's too high a price we can settle for a couple of bamboo shoots instead. Either way we win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Wait wait wait...those two are off to China on a trade mission?

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

What an ego Jim, calm down Jimmy boy, I would never had heard of this only for Jim bringing it to the public eye.
    The man cant take a bit of a slag. Just goes to show you his true colours.
    Kevin was getting very bad, jesus lads calm down.
    Try keep the egos in check lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What an ego Jim, calm down Jimmy boy, I would never had heard of this only for Jim bringing it to the public eye.
    The man cant take a bit of a slag. Just goes to show you his true colours.
    Kevin was getting very bad, jesus lads calm down.
    Try keep the egos in check lads.

Careful now. The mayor might get riled and threaten to take everything that you have or make some vague comment/threat about what you might get if you said something to his face.:D

Think it is the first time I have ever read comments from the Mayor of a city that included a remark about taking everything a person had. Real small time stuff from a person who is supposed to be an elected official in the public eye.

The man seems to have an awful lot happen to him that he feels the need to speak about in public.

There is this twitter account that nobody heard of until Long went ranting to the press.

There was the emails he allegedly received. Something nobody would have known about but for him running to the press.

He had a window broken in his car/car broken into some time back, and yet again he was in the press about that claiming it was part of some scheme or vendetta about him.

Shame though that when there was real hassle happening in the estate he lives in, hassle that saw a decent number of cars damaged in the one night and that needed the gardai to come out, that his response was to go to the Limerick Post and say that things were exaggerated. Funny how the "exaggerated" events were enough to bring out gardai a number of times, and other local politicans yet one man was pretty much invisible.

The position of mayor of Limerick has long been made worthless in my eyes. Long before the current mayor in fact. The position is as worthless as the public have no say whatsoever in who represents their city, and the position is pretty much predetermined well in advance thanks to the set up amongst the councilors. All the current mayor is doing is maintaining the standards set by some of those that preceeded him in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Between Jimbo and Kiely they say that they are going to take some mentally ill peoples, assets off them.:eek:
    Nice boys, really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 stakerwallace

Between Jimbo and Kiely they say that they are going to take some mentally ill peoples, assets off them.:eek:
    Nice boys, really nice.

Two bad clowns from an even worse circus!:eek:

Advertisement