Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning more Mercedes E200 differential problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

I would imagine the diff is the same on the "normal" models, maybe different on AMG's etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Bigus wrote: »
    Or even e200 sport ?[/

There is an E200 sport it was introduced as a trim level around 2006 with different alloys,twin exhausts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 H.w Morris

Help E200 2007 , rear diff making noise and think its about to fail .
    42000 mile on the clock ,how much and where can I get this fixed in Ireland or up north .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hack101

H.w Morris wrote: »
    Help E200 2007 , rear diff making noise and think its about to fail .
    42000 mile on the clock ,how much and where can I get this fixed in Ireland or up north .

Hi....had the same problem myself @35000miles, car was just over 3 years old, took the car to MSL and they quoted over 3000 euro , but said they could get a reconditioned one in dublin for half the price with a 2 yr guarantee. went for this option, to be honest...my first and last merc.not impressed with them at all

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

I'm on an 03 W211/E200 auto. Problems were SBC related which really was a serious MB fault. Why did they let it happen as it was not good enough for a MB. Not happy to hear of the diff problem but then again if you read the link above on the W211 you would never buy one, but the same can be said for any car. I have had 3 so far from 124 to W211 and will go for a W212 next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

They gave up on sbc after a few years because of the grief from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

SBC was a fantastic brake system, its only faults are down to its expensive parts.
    The pump unit was designed to operate for 350000 cycles then display a service message. This was to prevent the bushing within the motor in the pump wearing out causing brake failure. Initially MB where replacing these pumps foc regardless of service history. Thus then changed to a 50% good will discount that has since ended and now the full €1800 is charged, although that may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suttlem

my e200 2006 is regarded as a heap of junk . around 88k miles expect lots of trouble and a huge bill. the 1800 engine has common expensive breakdowns. the 2 litre is much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement