Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber question

• 02-03-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

g10 firebird 250 k buner

Anyone know how to bleed one of these?? I had a plumber do it before but not payin him to come do it again - I thought when I watched him do it i'd be fine but didnt notice there was 3 places he could have opened rather than one

The 1st is a screw, which I took out and tried to bleed it but I think thats the flow regulator - there is another one with a bolt - and one with an allen key - dont want to mess anymore with it so just asking the question if anyone knows the deal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

http://www.firebird.ie/Portals/0/docs/std%20SYSTEM-MANUAL.pdf

theres 7 connections to the pump, how did you manage to disturb the only one you shouldnt have....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I figured When I took it out I shouldnt have!!! Doh! Thanks :D

ok after looking at that - I have no idea what im supposed to do - Thanks for the effort anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Flat head screw remove it should be a rubber o ring on the end,wait till fuel bleeds out,replace screw.

mp22 wrote: »
    Flat head screw remove it should be a rubber o ring on the end,wait till fuel bleeds out,replace screw.

Thanks - Thats the screw I removed but couldnt get any flow! It is a long draw but tried it like 10 times! Anything I could be doing wrong or shud I just get the plumber?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

It can take 10 or 15 mins to bleed using this small hole.If you feel up to it, find the nearest pipe joint and open it,that will bleed most of the air from the fuel line,its just a matter of waiting then.

It can take 10 or 15 mins to bleed using this small hole.If you feel up to it, find the nearest pipe joint and open it,that will bleed most of the air from the fuel line,its just a matter of waiting then.

Thanks a mill - will give it a whirl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You do NOT or should not of bleed the pump at the screw no5 in the diagrame, that is the pressure adjustment and if you touched it you will require a pressure gauge to reset it, no4 OR 6 are where you should bleed.

ok - Think I'll just get the plumber in and get him to show me how to do it - when people start using the words DO NOT in bold red capitals I start to get worried.

Thanks a mill for all your help tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

ardinn wrote: »
    ok - Think I'll just get the plumber in and get him to show me how to do it .

Perhaps you could ask him to pop over to mp22's place, God only knows what that burner pressure is running at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement