Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help from LC business teachers and past students

• 03-03-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi so Im doing business HL for the LC and I am looking up sample answers.I find the e xamit ones too short and the ones in the marking schemes too long which one of them is more reliable?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The ones in the marking schemes from the SEC, since they are the ones who set, run and correct the exams.

exam-it have nothing to do with the exams. They are a business.

Read the marking schemes carefully though. You don't always need every detail mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi so Im doing business HL for the LC and I am looking up sample answers.I find the e xamit ones too short and the ones in the marking schemes too long which one of them is more reliable?

The SEC marking schemes of course. They are the ones who run the exams.

In terms of the answers being too long, if you don't give the information given in the marking scheme you won't get the marks.

But having said that maybe you're looking at the marking scheme in terms of all of the answers given to a particular answer.

If a question (in whatever subjects says ) 'list the reasons for ....... '

and in the marking scheme the marks are stated as (4 x 4m) it means that you have to give four correct answers which are awarded four marks each.

There may be 7 correct answers stated like this:

answer a/ answer b/ answer c/ answer d/ answer e/ answer f/ answer g

any four of the seven would be acceptable to get full marks.

Advertisement