Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guatemala..: yay or nay

• 03-03-2012 5:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

LOL

ok, so if you were offered a job there with a salary of 40k... millionaire status would you do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I was there and I loved it. Not sure if I'd live there as its meant to dangerous but the nightlife is great. Love the latino style.

What are you on about 40k...millionaire status? Would I be earning 40k or 1m? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

40k = 1,000,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you're on about? :confused:

LOL

OK, if you were offered the chance to re-post your thread............redemption, what would you change.?

Fago! wrote: »
    40 = 1,000,000

No it's 40 boxes of Special K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sindri wrote: »
    No it's 40 boxes of Special K.

Nobody could eat that much. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

88 Iran 5.343
    89 Macedonia 5.337
    90 Guatemala 5.321
    91 Honduras 5.250

90th best country of 111 ranked, could be worse!

Fago! wrote: »
    Nobody could eat that much. :eek:

Nobody?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

troll!!! and yes i would work there for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Spent 6 months there in 2008. Very poor but amazing country

Antigua, Semuc Champey, Tikal climbed Volcon Tajumulco..

Ya Guatemala city is dangerous but if you were to work for an international company you would probably have some level of protection.

And to answer your question LOL whatever the fcuk you are on about.

Also 40,000 wouldn't make you a millionaire, one million would.

• Advertisement

Love the difference between myself and the OP.. I'd love to live there but it's hard to get teaching work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'd jump at the chance to move over

LOL

Nah I'm alright here actually :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

It's lovely on toast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Lads, The GDP of the country is circa 5,000 us dollars.

so i guess it never dawned on anyone that a salary of 40k EU would make you very rich there, anyway ...

depending on where you are it can be very dangerous., this is a place where locals patrol villages at night to keep away gangs, and shootings are the norm and take up page 3 places instead of wimmins in a local tabloid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

so i guess it never dawned on anyone that a salary of 40k EU would make you very rich there, anyway ...

depending on where you are it can be very dangerous., im mean this is a place where locals patrol villages at night to keep away gangs, and shootings are the norm and take up pages 3 places instead of wimmins in a local tabloid.

What's your point? Are you going to work there or not?

Anybody who is in the least bit interested in a bit of cultural diversity would love the opportunity to work there. Obviously you could live comfortably on 40K. On that salary, working for a foreign company you would live in a gated community and probably be driven by security to work if living in Guatemala city.

But you would not be a millionaire unless you had a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

depending on where you are it can be very dangerous., im mean this is a place where locals patrol villages at night to keep away gangs, and shootings are the norm and take up pages 3 places instead of wimmins in a local tabloid.

Not really, you could hire home help but you would still not have enough for the general millionaire luxury items such as a merc, a boat, expensive holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So this is a question from OP whether s/he should go live in Guatemala?

Just stay away from American experiments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Live in Antigua, 30 mins out from Guate and commute in if you have the chance. Lovely place.

Otherwise, be careful. Guns everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pepefloyd

I would definitely do it, but then again I am Guatemalan :D

Advertisement