Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere to have a first birthday party?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows any places to have my daughters first birthday? I know the normal thing is to have it at home but we live in an apartment one side of the family live near us and the other doesn't so to save all bitching I want to just have it somewhere! I'm in north county dublin and hoping for somewhere cheap and cheerful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

When is the birthday? There are places like airfield in kilmacud and glenroe farm in wicklow, but not sure they're open yet. What about the zoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

How about a restaurant somewhere halfway that has a lunch menu or you could ask about a group rate.

We're in a similar situation and in the end we had a very very small party for bought sides and we much made sandwiches, cakes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

think airfield is closed these days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hi, are you anywhere near Kildare?

Lullymore Heritage Park is great for kids and the parties won't break the bank afaik.. there's a little petting farm, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, a little museum tour to do and a train that brings you on a little tour of the bog :)

I was there a few weeks back with my little lad and he loved it and there happened to be a 1st Birthday party on that day and it looked like they were having a ball.. Nothing too fancy now, just chicken nuggets and chips and a few sweets but the atmosphere was great :)

Might be worth a look.

Advertisement