Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you just burn AVI to DVD as a data disc or something else?

• 03-03-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I have a small collection of AVIs less than 4GB, and I would like to transport them today somewhere else to watch on a PS3 and Patriot Box Office, although keeping the DVD as a backup will work too.

Both media players support AVI playback. I'm not sure if all home media players do, I just thought it worth a mention just in case!

I am wondering what is the best way to burn the AVIs to disc. I know I can just burn them like a regular data disc and everything should work out just fine, but I am also aware of other options say in Nero Burning Rom like SVCD and video disc etc.

Is there some other type of burn that works better for some reason than a simple data disc burn?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you have nero use nero express-burn them as data files,just reduce the burn speed to 4x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

mp22 wrote: »
    If you have nero use nero express-burn them as data files,just reduce the burn speed to 4x.

Thought as much but just wanted to confirm seeing as Nero gives so many other options - thanks.

Advertisement