Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar pans

Options
  • 03-03-2012 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have some really crappy pans and want to invest in a Stellar 5 piece set. I'm unsure of whether to go for a set with stainless steel ones or ones with Teflon?

Where is good to buy? I presume the January sales would have been the best time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

If you want to 'invest' then go for stainless steel. Teflon pans need to be changed after a year or so -- they wear & tear quickly which can release toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I have my stellar pans ten years and they look as goon as new. Stainless all the way. Buy a good quality non stick fry pan other than that stick to stainless. If you don't buy stellar make sure you buy riveted handles. They tend to last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭looking4advice

Ddad wrote: »
    I have my stellar pans ten years and they look as goon as new. Stainless all the way. Buy a good quality non stick fry pan other than that stick to stainless. If you don't buy stellar make sure you buy riveted handles. They tend to last.

Thanks for the help. Is there anywhere online I could get a 5 piece set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Another vote here for Stellar stainless steel. I have one that's 23 years old and still serves me very well. Get a mid price teflon frying pan and be prepared to replace it in about 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I'd imagine amazon would be a first port of call. I bought mine on sale in BTs. They're expensive when not on sale. I've a couple of heavy IKEA non stick pans with solid metal handles and they are great. They're oven proof and can handle everything from a pancake to a roast chicken. They're about 40 notes as I recall. Keep the metal implements away from them and they'll serve you well for years. I've one of mine since Ikea opened and it's still in good nick after daily use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement