Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Gameweek 27 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Young goal, added to his assist earlier.

Him and Nani doing well, it seems. Really is going to be hard to drop either for Valencia when all 3 are fit.

De Gea once again showing ridiculously good reflexes, despite being dodgy everywhere else.

I've been considering maybe getting one pricey GK to play through until the end. I have my "perfect team" set up in my head, and in 2 or 3 weeks time, I should have it, with about 2.5m in the bank, giving me a chance to upgrade keeper. Considering Hart and De Gea. Although smart money says Hart at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Now let's get that Young v Valencia debate going again :pac:

Another goal for Young. Evra assist.

Defoe goal.

Evans just lost his clean sheet, and got a yellow. I'll take that. :p

No assist given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Goodbye Evans CS and now a yellow. ****ing brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

WTF Evans concedes and now a yellow those 6 points just turned into 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

evans just lost 5 points in 20 secs, add in ba and sess. great bloody day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Evans loses his clean sheet and gets booked in the same minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

79 points this week :) Over 90 when the BP's come in, I'd say. My best week yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    that's typical of you to assume that. you always have your back up. you should relax. watching the game I thought Ade controlled it with his stomach. and Saha was definitely through on goal when chopped down by Jones. Watch the highlights and decide yourself. But do us all a favour and leave your anti-united paranoia at the door

It's typical of me to listen to the professionals instead of ranty biased anti-United nonsense? You're damn right it is.

Re-read both our posts, smileys and accusations included. Then consider which one is showing bias and paranoia.

"should have been sent off" - "perfectly legit goal" - "there's a conspiracy against smaller teams" -v- "I heard the pros suggest otherwise"

I'm a biased bugger alright.

Simply commenting on the game as I saw it. No one started throwing personal accusations except you. Smileys? You very cleverly edited your post to include one. Don't think I missed that one

;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Finished with 69 points, expect about 11 bp, quite happy with that.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Could be worse lads, you could have Smalling like some idiots out there. :pac:

(I have Smalling, before someone goes apeschitt again)

58 pre-bonus. Dempsey, RVP, and Sig BPs for sure. Should just about hold me steady in the league.

The most annoying thing about this week is that I'll have 6 players with significant points, while most of my opposition will only only have 4 players with points. But because my C and VC went to Aguero and Silva, and their VC went to Dempsey, we pretty much break even.

Major missed chance to pull away. So much for "Safety Silva". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

36 pre bonus. 9 players played :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Have 31 points on the pitch at the moment. With subs and my captaincy change that'll go up to 62. With BPs I may be looking at 73. Should move me up hugely in my private leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

32 points with Senderos to make it 38 plus bonuses. No captain. Strongly thinking of bringing Rooney in for Aguero before tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How poxy am I, Aguero my captain didnt play so the captancy goes to dempsey, not only that mcauley and caulker come in for aguero and silva, a measly point for mcclean coming on for bale so in total so far without bonus pts I have 87 pointsbiggrin.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How poxy am I, Aguero my captain didnt play so the captancy goes to dempsey, not only that mcauley and caulker come in for aguero and silva, a measly point for mcclean coming on for bale so in total so far without bonus pts I have 87 pointsbiggrin.gif

Let me say something. This isn't luck. This isn't being poxy. This isn't unfair. You picked the most obvious choice for captain and second most obvious choice for vice-captain. You have a very solid bench full of people who play 90 minutes every match.

You clearly have a very solid squad. You'll probably destroy the teams in your leagues who had poor benches.

Well played.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Let me say something. This isn't luck. This isn't being poxy. This isn't unfair. You picked the most obvious choice for captain and second most obvious choice for vice-captain. You have a very solid bench full of people who play 90 minutes every match.

You clearly have a very solid squad. You'll probably destroy the teams in your leagues who had poor benches.

Well played.
    Agreed, at this point in the season having a decent bench is important as players start getting rested.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just noticed after me reluctantly bringing Ba in for his two home games, following the droves where he crazily jumped 0.5 in two GW's, he has got me a mighty 0 points... 2 the last day and -2 today. Fantasy football eh:pac: Still sick I neglected the VC this week:o Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Friedel,Simpson, BAE, Bale, Sess, Silva,Bale, Aguero and Ba; Got me a combined score of 0.

RVP (c), Caulker and McAuley; combined score of 41 before BP's!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How i have ended up with 50 points before bonus points i'll never know. Richards,Silva Aguero =0. Ba and Sess =-3 and Simpson/Wilkinson =2. Fulham somehow got me 25 points today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

On 62 pre-bonus so can't really complain but I'm still smarting 'cause this could've been the week where I caught and surpassed the leader in the one league I'm not top in. As it is, I've just closed the gap instead so there's more work to be done.

I expect there'll be a lot of changes in a lot of leagues tomorrow afternoon as this has been one of the biggest crap-or-brilliant weeks in a long time for a lot of people that post on here. Best of luck tomorrow lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

65 pre bonus, was ready to give up on this year yesterday but captain Pog, Dempsey, Rooney and Mignotet managed to get me 55 points!! Could have been even better if Utd and Sunderland hadn't both conceded late.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

67 pre bonus with no captain. Really got lucky this week that two of my subs did the business. I think I should get 10 bonus points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

45 before bonuses not bad after 2 sending offs and no silva Aguero or bale .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

87 is ridiculous by shadowcomplex :eek:

Just like a poster above, I was ready to give up. My first year playing the game a very bad first few weeks (when I didn't know what I was doing/didn't edit my team) and since then I've been trailing by a big margin in my main league(s).

79 this week pre-bonus. I've nearly halved that margin and I'm 926th overall this week. :) Expecting 10-15 bonus easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This is currently my best ever placing. Up to 12,000 overall. Have 10+ BPs to come tomorrow as well. Hopefully I might break into the top 10 if I get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Game changer of a week for me. 82 pre bonus with 12-15 bonus points to come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement