Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Gameweek 27 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Newcastle game= fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

Realised I had Senderos in my team,6 points so far from him,up to 49 now with Evans coming in for Bale.Just want a United win & a clean sheet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Why didnt i check my vc this wk. Stuck with ba but prob wud ave gone with dempsey :( Mancini fault though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Really hoping Rooney destroys today. This is probably the last week he can be called a "differential". Most will start dropping Aguero for him. A goal will do nicely.

DEMPSEY AGAIN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Dempsey again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Another goal for Dempsey. Delighted. Rooney captain now, Jones CS. Fingers crossed

Diarra assist *cough cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Diarra assist *cough cough*

;)

Buy him ;)

manual_man wrote: »
    ;)

Buy him ;)

Nah I'll hold onto Dempsey instead ;)

If only the Newcastle Sunderland game didn't happen this has been a great week lol

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have Pog as captain as well as Dempsey, thank you Fulham :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Scratch that. Points not great :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Should break 70 without a captain, Ill take it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Top player dempsey he really is! Only 9 players this week though and still on 55 so cant complain :pac:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    ;)

Buy him ;)

Nah I'll hold onto Dempsey instead ;)

If only the Newcastle Sunderland game didn't happen this has been a great week lol

If only the whole week didn't happen this has been a great week!

On 73 atm with Rooney to play. Expected around 10 bonus too. If Rooney gets 2 I'll prob hit 100

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good stuff from VC Dempsey as captain since Aguero didn't start.

My score shows 40 on the FPL site. Santon, Siggursdsson and Taylor off the bench for another 20. Then Dempsey gets the captaincy for 13.

Thats 73 prebonus. 3 for RVP, 3 for Siggy and 4 for captain Dempsey makes it an 80+ point week.

Cannot wait for the game to update as I've pulled 30-40 points against my rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Getting punished in all my leagues for taking the more riskier option of putting Demps as captain over Aguero, as in pretty much all my leagues any of the rivals have Demps as VC and Aguero as captain. Even though I have Aguero I would be much better off if he came on for 1 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Yesterday, I said I was off for the weekend to be "bored by the Fulham -v- Wolves game". So so wrong.

Wolves were more bad than Fulham were good, but saying that... Pog = New Ba?

carlcon wrote: »
    Yesterday, I said I was off for the weekend to be "bored by the Fulham -v- Wolves game". So so wrong.

Wolves were more bad than Fulham were good, but saying that... Pog = New Ba?

Possibly but one thing is for sure. Dempsey is the new Bale.

There'll only ever be one RVP though :cool:

• Advertisement

Rooney! Rooney!! Rooney!!!

Young assist :)

Despite Dempsey's 2 goals today, he's not looking as good as he was over his hot period. Pog is definitely making him play deeper. In a 5-0 hammering, sure, Dempsey is likely to score. But how often will Fulham do that?

I'm a little worried about Dempsey's prospects. Long-term, I think Pog as cheap striker, then Dempsey replaced by a top midfielder could be the more profitable option.

Jones should have been sent off. Saha was through on goal. Adebayor perfectly legitimate goal disallowed too. Typical poor referreeing favoring the bigger team

Jones should have been sent off. Saha was through on goal. Adebayor perfectly legitimate goal disallowed too. Typical poor referreeing favoring the bigger team

I've only got radio in my hotel room, but all the commentators and ex-players/managers on BBC5Live are saying there was a definite handball for the Spurs goal.

So maybe "typical accusations of poor refereeing in a United game" is more apt here? :pac:

I've only got radio in my hotel room, but all the commentators and ex-players on BBC5Live are saying there was a definite handball for the Spurs goal.

So maybe "typical accusations of poor refereeing in a United game" is more apt here? :pac:

that's typical of you to assume that. you always have your back up. you should relax. watching the game I thought Ade controlled it with his stomach. and Saha was definitely through on goal when chopped down by Jones. Watch the highlights and decide yourself. But do us all a favour and leave your anti-united paranoia at the door

Despite Dempsey's 2 goals today, he's not looking as good as he was over his hot period. Pog is definitely making him play deeper. In a 5-0 hammering, sure, Dempsey is likely to score. But how often will Fulham do that?

I'm a little worried about Dempsey's prospects. Long-term, I think Pog as cheap striker, then Dempsey replaced by a top midfielder could be the more profitable option.

If you use today's game as the only example..... Fulham scored 5, Pog got 3, Dempsey 2. Dempsey could well have gotten a 3rd, he probably had more shots than pog. So basically, Dempsey nearly scored the same amount as Pog. So lets say Pog scores 9 goals for the remainder of the season..... Dempsey will have 6 :) Obviously this is very inaccurate but it gives a slight indication of Dempsey's potential. No midfielders score that many goals apart from himself and Bale. Therefore he should be on most teams. There really is no better option that I can see than him. The high priced midfielders that are supposed to be consistent aren't doing much (Nani, Lamps, Gerrard even Adam).

This week went from excellent to fantastic with that Rooney goal! Rooney with 5 goals in his last 3 starts and they were against tough opponents. Aguero with 2 goals and an assist in his past 3 starts against very favorable opponents. Looks like Aguero has been a bit of a dud? I think he was way over-hyped. He is not a pro dominant player when it comes to scoring, hasn't been since the start of the season and there has always been the chance of rotation. I don't think I'll go near Aguero for the rest of the season although I originally had plans to.

that's typical of you to assume that. you always have your back up. you should relax. watching the game I thought Ade controlled it with his stomach. and Saha was definitely through on goal when chopped down by Jones. Watch the highlights and decide yourself. But do us all a favour and leave your anti-united paranoia at the door

It's typical of me to listen to the professionals instead of ranty biased anti-United nonsense? You're damn right it is.

Re-read both our posts, smileys and accusations included. Then consider which one is showing bias and paranoia.

"should have been sent off" - "perfectly legit goal" - "there's a conspiracy against smaller teams" -v- "I heard the pros suggest otherwise"

I'm a biased bugger alright.

FatRat wrote: »
    If you use today's game as the only example..... Fulham scored 5, Pog got 3, Dempsey 2. Dempsey could well have gotten a 3rd, he probably had more shots than pog. So basically, Dempsey nearly scored the same amount as Pog. So lets say Pog scores 9 goals for the remainder of the season..... Dempsey will have 6 :) Obviously this is very inaccurate but it gives a slight indication of Dempsey's potential. No midfielders score that many goals apart from himself and Bale. Therefore he should be on most teams. There really is no better option that I can see than him. The high priced midfielders that are supposed to be consistent aren't doing much (Nani, Lamps, Gerrard even Adam).

Haha, that's quite a jump (the 9-6 thing). I think you're right in the latter part though. Dempsey will probably stay in my team for lack of a better option right now. Plus I have other bigger priorities to change.

• Advertisement

Read your first post when you were ranting on about "the ref favouring big teams" and that it definitely wasn't a handball and they were cheated etc. Now think about who needs to relax.

Take it easy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement