Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vex/vortex niteclub Dunshaughlin closing????

Options
  • 03-03-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I heard a rumour going around that the Dunshaughlin niteclub is closing down.....after its relaunch as vex last summer.....can someone shed light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

glut22 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour going around that the Dunshaughlin niteclub is closing down.....after its relaunch as vex last summer.....can someone shed light on this?

You mean in the County Club? If true, how the mighty have fallen. Back in the day it used to be called, appropriately enough, Tramps Nite Club. They used to send buses up to Blanch and over to Finglas to collect punters. Then somebody was stabbed to death and a name change soon followed.

Personally, I never liked the place, the way it was run or the arrogance that came with its monopoly position in the area. A very thuggish set-up, to be euphemistic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JRL

Its only closed on a Friday night for the moment, this is due to the economic climate, with most pubs and nightclubs suffering dramatically.

Its still open (and will remain open) Saturday and Bank Holiday Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

JRL wrote: »
    Its only closed on a Friday night for the moment, this is due to the economic climate, with most pubs and nightclubs suffering dramatically.

Its still open (and will remain open) Saturday and Bank Holiday Sunday nights.

i think not....... spin doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is what their FB page says:
    Vex Nightclub has now shut it's doors for some extensive renovations. More information available soon.

Watch this space!

Seems a bit suspicious since they only re-opened it as Vex last summer or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Maybe if they stuck a bit of air conditioning in the place, people would go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Can you still hire shoes outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MiamiMice wrote: »
    Can you still hire shoes outside?

Its wellies ya need goin in there ;)

Advertisement