Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sorry for posting copyrighted material

Options
  • 03-03-2012 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Dear Admins,
    I am sorry for posting copyrighted material on your website.

I was introduced to boards.ie by a friend who said it was a great place for Irish Gamers to chat and talk about games and other stuff. It was a vibrant Irish community where the discussions interesting and captivating.

I'm sorry for posting screenshots of games. So many other posters were doing it and I thought I had some nice images of the games I played and I wanted to share them with the other posters. I didnt think of the original owners of the game when I posted the pictures

I'm sorry for posting video links to Quake, Battlefield, possibly other games videos that I made. I like Computer game montages, many Irish Gamers created amazing avi's of their quake, CS, bf3, etc skills. I made some of my own and again I didnt think of the songwriters or composers when I put these videos together. 

I have a lot of posts over the years and I cant remember all of them. I might have posted pictures from Gaming LANs and Tournaments. Since I only bought my first camera two years ago these pictures were not taken by me and I dont remember who took them and I didnt remember getting permission to post them... Sorry.

I dont think that I have posted in politics, so I probably havent quoted online or newspaper articles. I have access to the soccer forum and I do follow the boards.e fantasy football threads and I may have posted a screen capture of my team which contained graphics from the Fantasy Premier league website. I havent posted on Cool Pics and Vids so I think I'm ok there.

Years ago Boards.ie used to provide a little bit of online storage for pics, signatures and documents. I used for old sigs which may contain copyrighted graphics and I stored my Quake 3 config file there. To be on the safe side you might want to delete it all.

Could it be possible to delete all my posts but leave the account intact as I have a lot of friends details in PMs etc, this would mean that I wouldnt have to go through all my posts to try and remove the offending material.

I hope you guys get through this, I love the site, always have. I'm sorry if I have cause you any undue hassle with my posts over the years.

Thanks
    Ger

PS. I dont have Capcoms permission to use a Ken avatar.... Sorry again!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

It's just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I mean, everything on boards is on tenderhooks, especially You Laugh, You Lose. I see Dav is working on the guidelines we have to follow, so I won't say much more.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While I appreciate the sentiment, I wouldn't consider any one poster more culpable for breaches of copyright laws than any other, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself OP. We've all done it, whether knowingly or not, the question now is how we address the issue in the future, and that's what Dav and the rest of the guys in the office are working on. So with that in mind I'm going to lock this thread as well, as it's inevitable it'll get heated at some stage and we're trying to avoid that at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement