Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom built PC website

Options
  • 03-03-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone on here built a custom PC from Cyberpowersystem.co.uk website? I didnt get my PC built yet as Im doing research on some of the parts I want to put into it. Is this a good site to build and buy one? I find that German website that has been recommend on here hard to follow for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

teednab-el wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone on here built a custom PC from Cyberpowersystem.co.uk website? I didnt get my PC built yet as Im doing research on some of the parts I want to put into it. Is this a good site to build and buy one? I find that German website that has been recommend on here hard to follow for some reason.

Use Google Chrome, and then it will translate that website to english every time you use it.
    I found it confusing at first too but its easy to navigate over time ;)
    I also looked at CyberPower before I came to this forum, looked at reviews and apparently their customer service is horrific and their prices aren't too hot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If you fill out the template here someone will be able to help you pick out parts, and if you buy through the German website, for 30 euro more they will build it for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If you fill out the template here someone will be able to help you pick out parts, and if you buy through the German website, for 30 euro more they will build it for you.

Actually they'll build it for €5, its a special offer until the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

deconduo wrote: »
    Actually they'll build it for €5, its a special offer until the end of March.

Even better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Would it be mad spending over €2000 on a custom built pc? Is it worth it? I'm not a high end gamer but love having a good hi spec pc for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I know I would if I had that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

My first PC was €3,600 all-told, so no, it's most-certainly not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Would it be mad spending over €2000 on a custom built pc? Is it worth it? I'm not a high end gamer but love having a good hi spec pc for gaming.

1200 to 1400 euro would build a good hi spec PC. 2000 euro would be OTT.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If the €2000+ budget includes a few good monitors for an eyefinity setup or something then its definately not mad, if it doesn't then maybe a little bit :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It is a lot of money so I'd recommend a rig that works great but also won't depreciate that quickly; with stuff that is futureproofed. I reckon €1500 could get the job done, including a few monitors. Especially if ur not a tech head!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It is a lot of money so I'd recommend a rig that works great but also won't depreciate that quickly; with stuff that is futureproofed. I reckon €1500 could get the job done, including a few monitors. Especially if ur not a tech head!

The money would be spent on the pc and nothing else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If it is just the box I would definately keep the budget in the region of €1200 - €1400 instead of €2000+, you will still get an absolutely outstanding gaming PC right now, with ample cash left over to keep it a top notch gaming PC in a couple of years with a few well timed upgrades.

marco_polo wrote: »

If it is just the box I would definately keep the budget in the region of €1200 - €1400 instead of €2000+, you will still get an absolutely outstanding gaming PC right now, with ample cash left over to keep it a top notch gaming PC in a couple of years with a few well timed upgrades.

Ok, I'd always like to upgrade at some point, so I suppose I wouldn't do too bad getting one built for 1500.

Advertisement