Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt 3

Options
  • 03-03-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Anybody on here play Dirt 3 on XBox 360 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

I don't, personally I do own the original on PS3 and I have to say it was great craic, I did hear they improved the handling a lot on DIRT3 and there is stuff like Gymkhana in it now, I dont do well in rally games :( Its something to do with lines and throttle control I would imagine, I tend to bury the throttle everywhere to get the car sliding but im always so bloody slow :( I really believe its a different philosophy to tarmac work, when you master the art of track racing well, those skills just dont work for me on the dirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Dirt 3 is good craic :D,ya can race rallycross with collisions and damage on for some demo derby action .Good mix of tarmac only tracks also .the game is hard at first but when you discover the grip levels and learn the tracks you can usally go flat out :D. Also carsetup is a big help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dirt3 was great craic, very easy though, races are to short most the time. Eventually just lost interest in it and as always Gymkhana sucks balls.

I'd like to see it take it's rallying side more serious, you only get access to full rally stages half way through the game.

Yeah Gymkhana is crap ,Codemasters are taking that and DemoDerby out of Grid and putting them in Dirt Showdown, that comes out in may .
    they are gonna get back to pure rally with Dirt 4 ,also there is a rumour that Grid 2 coming later this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd like to believe that but I don't think the console game makers can be trusted. They always make that claim and it never works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

I actually bought Grid for Pc.....I must have been mad, played it for 20 mins and haven't played it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have this rented at the minute and have enjoyed playing through it I have to say! It is quite easy IMO, rallies are pretty short and the sprint and rallycross events much the same.

I like the DC and Gymkhana challenges for something a bit different - that f*cking bobsleigh is the only one I cant get platinum on damnit!

Yeah the career is a piece of piss but online is where its at ,Rallycross is a sprint event ,Trailblazer is Fast and some of the tracks are over 3 min long .

Bobsleigh run try

Gear 2
    Downforce 3
    Suspension 4
    Ride height 4
    Diff 1
    Brake 4

tap the handbrake at the hairprn to get around it quicker .worked for me :D

I'll give that a go tonight, see if I can push a few more achievements out of the game before I post it back :pac:

I just finished playing through Dirt 2, and have to say I MUCH preferred it to 3. I probably will pick up showdown in May and give it a go, but I'm really looking forward to Dirt 4 now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Dirt 3 cmplete edition is 30euro in smyths......is it worth getting for tha price?

markie29 wrote: »
    Dirt 3 cmplete edition is 30euro in smyths......is it worth getting for tha price?

Yeah for sure cause I think you get all the dlc tracks with that copy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Yeah for sure cause I think you get all the dlc tracks with that copy .

I have decided to wait and buy dirt showdown instead....looks good

maximoose wrote: »
    I just finished playing through Dirt 2, and have to say I MUCH preferred it to 3. I probably will pick up showdown in May and give it a go, but I'm really looking forward to Dirt 4 now :)

Yeah for sure i am looking forward to Dirt 4 and Grid 2 ,Dirt Showdown on the other hand Naaaaa not my cup of tea :pac: ,Playing Forza 4 now and really enjoying the customizing and painting of cars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Slightly old thread, sorry, but has anyone been able to turn off constant updates of what is available to buy and youtube prompts. They are bloody annoying.

Also, do you have to buy stages to be able to get the entire Race season golden?
    First Game for Windows game, on the PC, and I bloody hate The way every second option is a "buy this" selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Slightly old thread, sorry, but has anyone been able to turn off constant updates of what is available to buy and youtube prompts. They are bloody annoying.

Also, do you have to buy stages to be able to get the entire Race season golden?
    First Game for Windows game, on the PC, and I bloody hate The way every second option is a "buy this" selection

Haven't played in a while, but I don't think there is. And you do have to buy the extra packs to finish golden, almost 100% sure.

Advertisement