Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Award???

• 03-03-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what this item is? It is Russian and I assume military judging by the swords. There is some cyrillic text on the rear. The symbolism looks similar to that on the Order of St George.

DSC_0224-1.jpg

DSC_0225-1.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Mystery is solved - it is a Cossack patriotic award - fourth class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It did kind of remind me of the 5th Don cossack one !

Once it goes past second class, I stop counting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

:)

I don't own unfortunately & there appear to be good fakes around :

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/1939-eisernes-kreuz-forum/3970d1208114183-iron-cross-need-help-wwarticle.jpg0001-1-.jpg

PS your one looks very interesting, do you know when it dates from or what it was awarded for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Milsey

Lovely looking award and great photographs.Great detail in photos.

• Advertisement

No idea Morlar when it was awarded or the circumstances.

The man selling it did not know what it was and neither did I other than it was Russian. We both assumed it was military by the swords on it. He said he thought it was an Order of St Gregorius which it obviously is not. Normally I like to know what I buy unless it is cheap I might take a risk, in this case I only paid 10 euro for it.

Thanks Milsey :)

Advertisement