Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Hopping Greece 2012

Options
  • 03-03-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My and a few friends are hoping to go this Greece this June island hopping for 3 weeks. Anyone who has been can you recommend a plan? Were hoping for a good mix of relaxing islands with stuff to do/see, good beaches etc and party islands with loads of people our age (18/19), and good nightlife.

Would it be possible to go for this length of time with about 800/900 euro or what would it usually cost? (flights included).

What are the ferries like? are the conditions good etc and how regular? also would you need to book in advance? Will the strikes and current problems in Greece affect this holiday?

Thanks in advance-:D loads of questions that need answering :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ScubaSteve00

Hey

The only place id recommed going is Ios. There was a group of 4 of us who started of island hopping around Greece. We decided to go to Crete first and Then to Ios. We sayed in Crete for one week to see both Hersonossis and Malia. Have to say though Ios is honestly abou 100 times better....Much better crowd full of backpackers and Id highly recommed travelling arounf those islands as oppose to going down to Crete. But thats just my opinion

Ferries are brilliant but just have to worry about the filling up in the summer months

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ikiru

to begin with i am greek and ive done island hoping loads of times before, its really a matter of budget.

ferries are nice and comfortable or boats are older and dirty depending on what you pay. old ones are slower but much cheaper.

if you are on pireus there are booths and the people in there can give you the info on when the departure is and the alternative fares etc.

when in an island things are easier, the port is small and there are specific routes to the surrounding islands.

i rescectively disagree with the previous answer. there are different islands for different types of partying. for example if you wanna lie on the beach and consume 200 beers then yes ios is all you wanna go to but there are places like paros where they have a club/party scene ideal for your age, crete is a bit more hardcore partying and many more drunken people but not neceserily more fun.
    mykonos which is a celebrity hotspot (imagine an ibiza situaion only lamer)

take my advice though and dont land on an island and never move. its an experience and you deserve it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cfre93

Are there general places for camping or is it wherever goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ikiru

cfre93 wrote: »

Are there general places for camping or is it wherever goes?
    There are specific places; others with toilets, places to eat and other fancy stuff and there are simpler ones but don't camp wherever, its illegal
    People still do it but sometimes they get chased away and stuff, I say better safe than sorry

Advertisement