Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting organised for the Leaving?

• 03-03-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Just wondering how people got organised for the Leaving did you have a plan right from 5th year? How do you decide what to study and when, do you just do it or do you plan it? How do you keep track of your plans?

Just curious as for me I tend to just make sure to write in my home work during the week and at the weekends I make a study plan for the week ahead. I even plan out when to tidy my desk as the clutter will just build up if i dont lol :rolleyes:

So just curious about other peoples habbits and just wondering if I could pick up a few tips that would help me and others on the forum :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Just started organising myself there recently. Before that my study space was a mess and it was hard to get anything done. Do three weekends ago I wrote a study plan up and am sticking to it as best I can :D The Engineering Project proved to be fairly disruptive however :pac: Also organised all my sample answers, class tests and notes into ringbinder folders for every subject! Was pretty proud of the outcome because usually I'm extremely unorganised :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anro

That's a good idea 2 put them all into folders I just have them all building up in a pile here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Anro wrote: »
    That's a good idea 2 put them all into folders I just have them all building up in a pile here lol
    I was the exact same. You end up spending more time looking for something then you do studying!

just curious has anyone ever tried making a planner? Somthing just to keep note of day to day things? Like a homework diary but more general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Anro wrote: »
    just curious has anyone ever tried making a planner? Somthing just to keep note of day to day things? Like a homework diary but more general

Yeah I did :P I followed it for 2 days and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Impossible LC

I got a study journal, much easier for me to organise

I got a study journal, much easier for me to organise

What all is in the study journal? Is it one you bought where did u get it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

I've made a plan for every subject, to have it all done by the end of Easter but I'm already behind because of the orals...

I'm a perfectionist so it's driving me crazy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Impossible LC

1. My school gave it to all 6th yr students
    2. The stuff in it is basically a study timetable and a calendar to remind you on what day you'll have to study again
    It's just a journal to help you study effectively (something about memorising the stuff at a certain period will store them in the long-term memory)
    Well that doesnt really concern me, but it helps me to get organise

Advertisement