Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAMPING IN LARGE GROUP

Options
  • 03-03-2012 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm organizing a trip away with a group of about 30 to 40 people. I'm looking to rent out an area near a beach so that we can have a party that night. I want somewhere reasonably isolated so as to avoid disturbing families etc. We would be behaved but I just worry about the noise. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent out entire lots or secluded large areas in Wexford? Preferably Brittas Bay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cowenwatch

lydiat wrote: »
    I'm organizing a trip away with a group of about 30 to 40 people. I'm looking to rent out an area near a beach so that we can have a party that night. I want somewhere reasonably isolated so as to avoid disturbing families etc. We would be behaved but I just worry about the noise. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent out entire lots or secluded large areas in Wexford? Preferably Brittas Bay.

Brittas Bay is still part of Wicklow last time I looked. Anywho, try find a farmer with land on the beach and offer some cash. The last thing you want is the Council/cops getting wind of it as a group that large is a hazard, would need a permission/license, hire a portaloo etc. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lydiat

Cool thanks. Does anyone have any idea how I could contact a farmer or alternatively how to get permission/licence to camp in such a large group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Pick desired area. Walk around. Find nearest farm. Knock on door. Explain yourself, be nice and ask! Of course insurance might be a concern for the farmer, especially if you have 30-40 people drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cowenwatch

Actually there is a beach, its a bitc h to find, called Magheramore beach between 3 mile water and Blainroe, south of Wicklow town. There is a gate with a lane running down to the beach and there is a farm at the entrance to it on the right, but no idea what the farmer is like. Seen his son one day and he looked like something out of the Goonies. Both him and the beach itself have to be seen to be believed. Drop in, make contact with the farmer and let him make contact with you, see where it goes. If things dont work out offer him some money. One thing farmers hate is the council telling them what they cant and can do. If all that fails there is a caravan/mobile home site up the road on the way to Wicklow town that may be worth talking to. Although it's family orientated so not sure what reception you will get with such a large group and not a kid in sight! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Looks like a total recipe for disaster, no farmer in his right mind would give this proposal the time of day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement