Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a few different companies designing and building my website?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I am undertaking a charity related project and have 3 different web design companies offering their help - can 3 different companies all work alongside each other to create something great? Could it start to get messy?

cheers

caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Are they all being paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Hi,

I am undertaking a charity related project and have 3 different web design companies offering their help - can 3 different companies all work alongside each other to create something great? Could it start to get messy?

cheers

caroline
    No. 3 companies do not produce work that is 3 times as good as one company. If it worked that way, everybody would do it.

Sit down with the 3 companies individually and pick the one you think will produce the best work

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi,

cheers

caroline

Very. Unless you break down the tasks and assign to each company. For example, one could do branding & identity. The other could do website design, and the last could do the website development.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

If you want it to take 3 times longer - go for it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Unless your project management is top of the class, this is a disaster waiting to happen. Two companies for design and another for development with good definition and separation of roles, and good project management, perhaps, but three is just plain dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 oatsareclass

they are offering their service pro bono - so i am happy to have all 3!
    one is going to undertake identity design and the other 2 the build of the site...so i think/ hope it can work out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

2 captains on a ship is bad, 3 is a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Any company willing to work for free is likely an amateur setup. Your project will turn to crap and the people you're working with aren't competent. Choose a professional, pay for the service and get a proper job done. I wish charities would stop masquerading as anything other than businesses like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

they are offering their service pro bono

Their level of commitment is lower than usual - that's another alarm bell ringing.

Advertisement