Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc build - feedback/opinions wanted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Is a gaming PC? If so the i7 and 32GB of RAM are way overkill. You could save €300 and put that into the graphics card instead. What are you going to be using it for exactly>

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

The most resource intensive things i will be doing with it is video editing + gaming. My thinking was i may aswel have the extra RAM/ processing speed now, instead of having to upgrade in a few years ??

ok thanks for the suggestion..Just a few questions about that build,

Whats the advantage of that mainboard?

Is there a need for an upgraded CPU fan? I'm not going to be overclocking because with that processor there, as of yet, isn't the need. I read that the standard fan is more than capable.

8gb of ram just isn't enough especially for HD video editing. why do you think 32b ram is overkill?

I can see the advantage of the graphics card. I just gave priority to extra RAM as that card is still excellent.

Its 2x8GB, so 16GB of RAM. Its not worth paying €200 more just to double the amount of RAM, when 16GB will be fine for video editing.

You really should overclock because its so easy. The extra performance from the €30 heatsink + overclock is much more than you would get from buying more RAM.

The motherboard has a second PCI-E slot allowing you to crossfire. It also overclocks better, has more USB ports and a couple of other features.

• Advertisement

OK I'm sold on the mainboard and fan, and probably the RAM. Just going to do a bit more research on the graphics card. Thanks mate

OK I'm sold on the mainboard and fan, and probably the RAM. Just going to do a bit more research on the graphics card. Thanks mate

Review of the graphics card:

http://hardocp.com/article/2012/01/30/amd_radeon_hd_7950_video_card_review/15

Ok, going to go for the 7950 now...Your a bad influence!

just when i seen the card, will my midi-case be big enough to hold it?

See first post for revised build

Advertisement