Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand's pricing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Total build cost: €1,370.64 + €30 shipping
    64GB-Kit G.Skill RipJawsZ C3-12800U CL10-10-10-30 (DDR3-1600) €856.58
    2 x 32GB-Kit G.Skill RipJawsZ C3-12800U CL10-10-10-30 (DDR3-1600) €257.03 (€514.06)

I really can't see what warrants the massive mark-up on the 64Gb kits price.
    Not thinking of buying either.. but why the huge difference?
    All stores do this as they think people with more money than sense will pay for the 64gb set just because they've all been built from the same sheet.
    You would have to be crazy not to buy the two 32gb kits instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

deceit wrote: »
    All stores do this as they think people with more money than sense will pay for the 64gb set just because they've all been built from the same sheet.
    You would have to be crazy not to buy the two 32gb kits instead.

At first I was thinking that it was pretty bad to do that but actually, extra tax for people who just buy the most expensive thing is a pretty necessary practise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

At first I was thinking that it was pretty bad to do that but actually, extra tax for people who just buy the most expensive thing is a pretty necessary practise.

They are effectively subsidising all non idiots so long may this practice continue. :p

Advertisement