Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Service

Options
  • 03-03-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know which number bus goes closest to the sliversprings hotel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Number 208, heading to Lotabeg. Just ask the driver when you're getting on, and they'll tell you where to get off.

Precisely, you'll be getting off across from Mayfield Garda station. You'll walk down the hill, take a right, and walk down Lower Mayfield Road.

It's about 10 minutes from the stop to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Number 208, heading to Lotabeg. Just ask the driver when you're getting on, and they'll tell you where to get off.

Precisely, you'll be getting off across from Mayfield Garda station. You'll walk down the hill, take a right, and walk down Lower Mayfield Road.

It's about 10 minutes from the stop to the hotel.

Cheers thats great, thanks for that. Better go and check timetables now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Wouldn't a bus to Glanmire get closer? I'm sure they stop by the petrol station in Tivoli. It's only a minute to the hotel from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

54kroc wrote: »
    Wouldn't a bus to Glanmire get closer? I'm sure they stop by the petrol station in Tivoli. It's only a minute to the hotel from there.

I was thinking that earlier to do that. but if its not one of the buses regular stops the driver would prob tell me to get the number 8 or 208(never saw the point of changing that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

jamesbere wrote: »
    I was thinking that earlier to do that. but if its not one of the buses regular stops the driver would prob tell me to get the number 8 or 208(never saw the point of changing that).

The point afaik is that Bus Eireann are in the process of introducing some sort of iphone app which will give exact timetables of buses.

So the no. 8 is as we know a bus route that goes from Mayfield to Bishopstown.
    Does anyone know where the no. 8 Limerick, no. 8 Galway or no. 8 Waterford routes go?
    So as this app is a national app, they have had to change the route numbers and that is why all Cork city routes now have started in the two hundreds, also AFAIK the Galway ones will start in the three hundreds.

Hopefully that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement