Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Food mixers, which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

You can buy every single knob, belt and screw for the Kenwood separately, Aldi one goes in the bin if damaged. That and the fact that quality stuff is actually worth the money.

That said you could but 5 aldi ones so you need to be fairly clumsy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

feck, i just bought a ready steady cook hand held mixer from argos, i'd have held off for that aldi one if i'd know they were coming in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I have a lidl one with bowl, 24.99 last time they had them, excellent for the money. Definitely would not pay 75 for second option.

I looked into that Andrew James one couple of months ago, dreadful reviews, I dont like noise and the biggest complaint everyone had was the noise it made.

Can't beat a Kenwood but a bit of overkill for occasional baking, I bake an awful lot and have a second hand Kenwood I bought years ago for 50 quid but I use the Lidl one far more. It's better for smaller quantities. Having said that if you were going to make bread and use mixer to knead it you would need something like a kenwood.

There is actually a much better kenwood than that one available for around 229/249? ish in my local expert electrical shop, looked at it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i have the andrew james one. it gets great reviews on amazon and rightly so. its noisey but its very good and well worth the money for the price, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

my mother got one of those Kenwood prospero machines after the 30 year + Kenwood chef went bang. she hates it. trying to put go the attachment is fiddley as it has to go in at an angle and their is stupid rubber real over it. the bowl is a bit shallow and the arm bounces a lot .
    my advise is a Kenwood chef. the more power wattage the bigger the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

kerash wrote: »
    feck, i just bought a ready steady cook hand held mixer from argos, i'd have held off for that aldi one if i'd know they were coming in!

Funny, was looking at that as an option, had a look around yesterday, Brown Thomas prices are just :eek:
    Harvey Norman have the Breville SHM2 for €65, it has a detachable head, wonder if the Aldi model has? the Andrew James mixer is too big for me although it has a powerful motor, for the amount of use id get out of it the Kenwood does not make much sense, think ill hold off and check out the Aldi mixer on Thursday before deciding, appreciate all your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Kenwood - defo. You'll have it for years. I have a Chef and I love it. Friends bought the Prospero for occasional baking and they really like it too. I think it's on sale in Argos ATM. Or try to get it from Amazon for a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

+1 We have a Kenwood Chef we got as a wedding present 27 years ago, and it's still going strong! "Buy cheap, buy often" as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have a Kenwood chef and it is brilliant. I use it for baking and kneading bread dough.
    It is worth the money if you will use it a lot.

If you are not going to need the dough hook, and only bake occasionally, the mixer only ones are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just a FYI.

Amazon have the Kenwood in stock for £129 incl free shipping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement