Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static IP Routing

Options
  • 03-03-2012 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭

Here's the setup:

A Netopia 3347, connecting 2 separate networks to the internet, a WRT-54G (running Tomato) and a Sitecom router are connected to the Netopia. The idea is to access certain computers accross the 2 networks.

I configured static IP routing on the Netopia:

5NO4w.jpg

I haven't got much further yet. I can't even ping the Sitecom at 252 from the Linksys. What am I missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Give a map / a topology of all devices on the LAN / WAN,please !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I might do that in due course... however, my main concern is that I can't ping one (endpoint) router from another.

I can ping the Netopia (192.168.1.254) from both the Linksys and the Sitecom of course, but I can't ping the Sitecom (at 192.168.1.252) from the Linksys (at 192.168.1.252) and vice versa.

Edit: I had all firewalls knocked off, still no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

Torqay wrote: »
    Here's the setup:

A Netopia 3347, connecting 2 separate networks to the internet, a WRT-54G (running Tomato) and a Sitecom router are connected to the Netopia. The idea is to access certain computers accross the 2 networks.

I configured static IP routing on the Netopia:

5NO4w.jpg

I haven't got much further yet. I can't even ping the Sitecom at 252 from the Linksys. What am I missing?

I'm guessing here, but shouldn't the 10.11.12.0/24 network be routed to an address/interface in the same subnet - i.e.10.11.12.x ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Does the tomato and sitecom have equivalent routes back to the netopia network, and indeed to each other through the netopia?

Also, I seem to recall doing something similar in the past-i *think* the netopia has RIP if you telnet to it - just switch it on on all three devices, and see what heppens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

swampgas wrote: »
    I'm guessing here, but shouldn't the 10.11.12.0/24 network be routed to an address/interface in the same subnet - i.e.10.11.12.x ?
    I believe it has to be routed to the according address on the Netopia's IP range. I was using this wiki as a template.
    Dardania wrote: »
    Does the tomato and sitecom have equivalent routes back to the netopia network, and indeed to each other through the netopia?

I'm using this configuration on the Tomato router. will have to setup the Sitecom accordingly (hate its menu). ;)

NKR7W.jpg

Or should the second gateway read 10.11.12.1 (the Sitecom's internal LAN IP)?
    Dardania wrote: »
    Also, I seem to recall doing something similar in the past-i *think* the netopia has RIP if you telnet to it - just switch it on on all three devices, and see what heppens

The option is actually avalable through the HTML interface, Split Horizon (default), Never, Always. Will set it to Alwyas and try again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement