Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy Champagne Saucers

Options
  • 03-03-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to get a set of those 1950's style champagne saucers.

Any ideas where I might get them around the city? Had a look on the Debenhams website but they they only seem to have the narrow champagne flutes.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I don't know if they have them but you could have a look in the vintage shop in Market Parade, I think it's called Peacock and Ruby, they do some vintage and antique glasses etc anyway so might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Also try asking / searching for Marie Antoinette Champagne Glasses - legend has it the shape of the glass was modeled on the breast of Marie Antoinette!

Its the same as Champagne Saucers.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Thanks all, I'd like to have a look/hold before buying which is why I wasn't going with an online purchase. Will let you know if I find any.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I was hunting a couple of years back and all I could find were Waterford (€€€) I think I got them in Meadows & Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

paudie wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any ideas where I might get them around the city? Had a look on the Debenhams website but they they only seem to have the narrow champagne flutes.

Any help appreciated.

Try contacting Bubble Brothers - as local champagne importers they may be able to tell you where you might source champagne coupes.

Coupes are harder to find these days as, for good champagne, they let the wine go flatter quicker than in flutes, hence they fell out of favour.

They do look more glamorous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

you may well have found some by now but i was in brown thomas at the weekend and saw champagne saucers there and remembered this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Backn5mins

paudie wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any help appreciated.

You could try brennans cookshop on Oliver plunkett St. I'd say they have a good selection. Down the Parnell place end.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

I recently saw them upstairs in Brown Thomas last week, they are the LSA ones, don't know how much they were going for though.

Advertisement