Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld

Options
  • 03-03-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Over 13 euro for an adult ticket to see a 3D movie early in the afternoon. I was floored. This is without glasses btw am I alone in thinking this is a shocking price for the cinema

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you go to Ghost Rider? They should have paid you. :)

Yeah it's steep alright. €13 without glasses is extortionate...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you go to Ghost Rider? They should have paid you. :)

Yeah it's steep alright. €13 without glasses is extortionate...

Yeah sheer muck but the little lads been dying to see it. Shoul have just given him the €21.50 to spend in smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Yeah, the cinema can no longer be considered a cheap night out. Entrance plus medium drink and popcorn is E20.

Thats the price of 4 - 5 pints.

Theres a new cinema openingn near the point theatre in Dublin so hopefully the bit of competition will bring a price reduction. Although in saying that, the Savoy has been rumoured to be closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bear in mind that the cinema receives very little of the ticket price, with most going to the distributor on a sliding scale depending on how long a film has been showing. For a big film on its first week, 95% can be going to the distributor. Cinemas make most of their money from the exorbitantly priced snacks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bear in mind that the cinema receives very little of the ticket price, with most going to the distributor on a sliding scale depending on how long a film has been showing. For a big film on its first week, 95% can be going to the distributor. Cinemas make most of their money from the exorbitantly priced snacks etc.

but that is not the customer's problem. At the end of the day, if more and more people feel they are not getting value for money from a trip to the cinema the business will take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I hate cineworld- while no doubt its a great cinema it's so expensive. They only do cheap day ticket for showings before 12 which always annoyed me.
    Always found the Dundrum cinema good enough value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cineworld is very expensive, BUT if you go to the cinema anyway regularly, the unlimited card is great value. I bought mine on the uk website for £14.99 per month, delivered to Dublin. It can be bought for €19.99 on the Irish website, but I don't know why you'd do that. (Just enter a random postcode on the uk website)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Damn Dublin. Now getting overpriced.

Still, it's The Savoy for our next venture.

I love that cinema.

It's never changed in all dem years...

;)

BTW...anybody who buys popcorn and coke in a
    cinema is just asking for it...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Cinema is a rare thing for me cause of the prices. As for food, I always bring with. Rip off Ireland indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Never go to Cineworld because of the prices. Always go to the Savoy or Screen. Save about 3 euro a ticket in there !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have an unlimited card for Cineworld and go about 3 times a week :D

I really get my moneys worth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Damn Dublin. Now getting overpriced.

Still, it's The Savoy for our next venture.

I love that cinema.

It's never changed in all dem years...

;)

BTW...anybody who buys popcorn and coke in a
    cinema is just asking for it...

:D

I heard a rumour the savoy is closing down I wonder if there's any truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Advertisement