Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Workmans Club

Options
  • 03-03-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what The Workmans Club is like on a Saturday night? What type of music do they play and whats the crowd like?
    Trying to decide where we will go tonight. Coppers etc is off the list for this weekend. Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

It's usually fairly packed, alternative music being played last time I was there. I'd say it's a million miles away from Coppers (definitely a higher hipster content).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Worth a visit if you like music. On the other hand if you like anything played on Spin FM or 104FM, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For your own benefit I hope you have a big bladder takes a nice sizeable round journey to get to the toilet and back.

Also if you do suffer from thirst from time to time be prepared for a nice wait to have it quenched.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Yeah the crowd and the music was definitely alternative and there wasn't a bandage type dress in sight.
    The toilets were out of the way and my friend nearly fell down going down those stairs. Its a fairly relaxed place though. Would have liked a bit of Beyonce etc but that clearly wasn't the type of music that was being played.
    And yeah it was a million miles away from Coppers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pigman2000

yeah if you like music that's not boring - don't go. the music is nearly good - good genres but they play the b-sides i.e. hipster-sides of the genres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Not a bad spot by any means. Bit on the hipsterish side for my liking, but I've had a couple of good nights out there.

As someone's said already, it's a bit of a trek to get to the toilets (especially if you're in the smoking area at the top). Maybe there are other toilets in the building that I'm not aware of...the only ones I know are in the basement.

But anyway, yeah, give the place a shot. It's a damn sight better than Copper's.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

funny how all clubs are compared to coppers here

"mmm the points you make seem valid but I would have to see what the coprometer readout says before I make a final decision..."

beep beep whrrr whhrrr

"so lets check the result.... ah here we go, it got a "much better than" rating, sounds cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

FensterDJ wrote: »
    funny how all clubs are compared to coppers here

Kind of makes sense if the OP mentions Coppers in her post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

How can none of you have ever figured out there is a jacks upstairs between the two rooms? Not hard to find at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

nm wrote: »
    How can none of you have ever figured out there is a jacks upstairs between the two rooms? Not hard to find at all.

You could have just told them about those jacks as opposed to trying to assert some manner of odd knowledge-of-jacks-superiority?

Funny how territorial people become about toilets isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You could have just told them about those jacks as opposed to trying to assert some manner of odd knowledge-of-jacks-superiority?

Funny how territorial people become about toilets isn't it?

Hilarious maybe, superior I'm not so sure, the urge to to point out that they're not hard to find was just overpowering though. I didn't intend to make you feel so inferior.

Note to thread then, there is a toilet upstairs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Where is this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

nm wrote: »

17027734.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

full of hipsters ,with the same cloths and attitude not that different to a wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr.Breen

Its good on a sunday night.

Advertisement